Author Topic: Sad News from the Clan  (Read 6859 times)

Mary

• Administrator
Sad News from the Clan
« on: February 10, 2015, 06:46:40 PM »
Dear Friends,

We have lost another of our supporting members. Those of you who were at the Columbus, IN games last year had a chance to spend the weekend with Richard Poor. His son let us know today that Richard had passed away earlier in February after shoveling snow at his home on Oliver Lake, IN.  Rest well, Richard.

RICHARD LOUIS POOR, 83, of Wolcottville, Ind., died Monday, Feb. 2, 2015, at his home. Born Sept. 11, 1931, in Etna Green, Ind., he was a son of the late Roger Wilden and Emma Elizabeth (Thompson) Poor. Richard was a United States Army veteran. He was a teacher at Elmhurst High School from 1959 until his retirement in 1989. He lived in Fort Wayne for many years until moving to Oliver Lake, Wolcottville, Ind., in 1996. He was a member of the Clan Thom(p)son and a charter member of the Little River Wetlands. Surviving are a daughter and son-in-law, Lora and James Becka of Manitowoc, Wis.; three sons and two daughters-in-law, Scott Richard Poor of LaGrange, Ind. and his former wife, Jamilee Poor of Oklahoma City, Okla., Patrick Wayne and Kathleen Poor of Clayton, Ohio, and Curtis Samuel and Deborah Poor of Fort Wayne; 10 grandchildren; and his ex-wife, Vernice Marceil Poor of Fort Wayne. According to his wishes, cremation has taken place. A memorial service will take place at a later date.

Memorials may be made to Little River Wetlands, 7209 Engle Road, Ste. 200, Fort Wayne, IN 46804. Arrangements by Frurip-May Funeral Home, LaGrange. Condolences may be left for the family at www.fruripmayfuneralhome.com

Funeral Home
Frurip-May Funeral Home
309 W. Michigan LaGrange, IN 46761
260 463-3131

Stirling Thompson

Re: Sad News from the Clan
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 07:14:12 AM »
Always sad indeed to lose a family member. We will keep his family in our prayers.

I suggested before, and I will again now, I think we should have a Flowers of the Forest topic in the private members only section of this forum.
Stu
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu