Author Topic: 43rd Annual Quechee Scottish Festival and Celtic Fair  (Read 7226 times)

Stirling Thompson

43rd Annual Quechee Scottish Festival and Celtic Fair
« on: August 24, 2015, 09:54:10 AM »
After a quick turnaround from the Maine Games (I never unpacked the car after we got home on Wednesday.) it was off to the 43rd Annual Quechee Scottish Festival and Celtic Fair held at the Quechee Polo Field in Quechee, VT on Saturday August 22, 2015. It is a three hour drive so we left at 5:00 am while it was still dark and we hit a lot of foggy spots as we headed up into the Green Mountains. Dottie was still dragging from our vacation in Maine so my nephew John Cooper volunteered to come with me. The weather was beautiful with sunshine and temps in the low 80's all day. They had a great turnout with 47 clans in attendance, pipe bands, dancers, athletics and sheep dog demos plus entertainment by Prydien made a wonderful day for all. I sent John out with the camera and I swear he took pics of every single clan tent. He filled up my camera then took some more with his phone. Way too many to post them all here, so just a few and a link to the complete album on Photobucket.

My nephew John Cooper.

A visitor at the tent.

Kids games were right in front of us.

Full album is here...
http://s1213.photobucket.com/user/StuT/library/Quechee%20Games%202015?sort=2&page=1

Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

cheryllwith2ls

• Administrator
Re: 43rd Annual Quechee Scottish Festival and Celtic Fair
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 12:39:31 PM »
Tent looks great, as usual! Nice weather too. We're hoping for the same in Pleasanton on Labor Day weekend. We're going to do some tweaking of our tent these next games. We bought 2 retractable flag poles for both sides of the tent. You can attach 2 flags to each. Hopefully that will work better because the way we have it set now ( with them on top) it pulls on the frame and it's getting loose.
Anyway...yours looks great. Glad you had a good time and visitors too! I'll post some of the pics on Facebook.
Oh and sorry I didn't mention these games on there! I didn't see it til halfway thru the day so it was too late. NEXT TIME.

Thanks for all your hard work and efforts Stu!

Cheryll & Paul
The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or even heard. They must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 10:48:53 AM »
Good work as always, Stu!  I went through all your pictures and it looks like a great day - and some good weather!

Have you drafted your nephew to help at the tent setups now??  If not, go for it!  ;)

Thanks again for all you and Dorothy do - we'd have no representation in New England without you ...... something we need to figure out what to do about since we are all grey-hairs and need some younger people working!

Donna

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 10:37:21 PM »
Hey Stu,
There's no such thing as too many photos   ;D
Thanks for sharing them and please thank John for us.

Donna
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !