Author Topic: Holiday messages  (Read 9444 times)

Beverly Kohn(Thompson)

Holiday messages
« on: April 12, 2009, 09:29:30 AM »
   Since  I don't know everyone's belief systems I would like to say Happy Easter (where it applies), and ,or. have a great beautiful Sunday ! I hate having to be politically correct all the time but there you go!
      yours in family and spirit,
               Bev

Stirling Thompson

Re: Holiday messages
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 03:38:45 PM »
Happy Easter to you and yours as well Bev! I wouldn't be too concerned about being PC around here. I think we're basically a Christian family group, I haven't seen any Achmeds or Wangs logging on lately unless I missed something. Not that we wouldn't welcome them with open arms mind you!
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 05:06:39 PM »
Hope everyone had a great Easter/Passover or whatever!  Heck, it's another day to enjoy and follow your spirit where it leads!

Right, Stu.......everyone is welcome. Political correctness is simply becoming another way to stifle our rights to free speech. When you can't use certain words/phrases or express yourself on whatever topic you want........the bad guys have already won. Unfortunately, I think we are losing ground on this one.

But not here.........outside of swearing or threats, we're pretty open. And we certainly have a variety of lifestyles, backgrounds, experiences, etc. to go around!

HAPPY DAY!

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
    • Thompson Family Web Site
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 08:51:22 PM »
Forget political correctness, I wish everyone a blessed Resurrection Day and a glorious eternity with the risen Christ. If you don't believe in that, my blessing won't hurt you a bit. Just ignore it. If you do, I hope it enhances your life.

Soli Deo Gloria!
The Reivers Ride Again!

Donna

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 12:56:28 AM »
Hey Michael,
I'll take all the Blessings I can get and thank you for them  :D

Donna
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Scott Thomson

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 10:02:01 AM »
Is Easter a holiday in the States? because it isn't in Scotland.

Mind you I live in Aberdeen, one of the least religious cities in Europe
 :D

Beverly Kohn(Thompson)

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 12:29:17 PM »
 Hey Scott! A little history of Easter here is that it wasn't celebrated here until after the Civil War. The early settlers here were Puritans and Presbyterians and until the horrows of the Civil War it wasn't that important to them. When the war was over, the Presbyterians found comfort in the story of Christs' resurrection and started the tradition then. Now it is celebrated in almost every home here. It is not a federal holiday, as in paid holiday because it's on a Sunday and our separation of church and state laws.
 It is a very religous and commercial holiday here.
    yours in family and spirit!  Bev