Author Topic: New member Michael Thompson  (Read 8152 times)

MICHAEL the Canadian

New member Michael Thompson
« on: April 28, 2014, 08:11:23 AM »
Just to say Hello to the family,
joined to be apart of the family and to try to find relatives and the roots of my family.

cheryllwith2ls

• Administrator
Re: New member Michael Thompson
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 02:13:24 PM »
Hi Michael!

Welcome to your extended family! It's great that you're already posting and look forward to many more! I'm not sure where you live but are there any Highland games near you? Maybe you could see if there's a Thompson tent!
I saw that you posted about MacTavish questions....I'll let Mary answer those :)
As to your post about your family history, yes! anything you have is great and looks like you have a great start! So you're trying to go back further I suppose? I'm sure you've tried Ancestry.com.... Try looking on Ancestry.com UK also. It seems that they would be connected and I'm sure they are to an extent but everytime I type in UK I get a few more listings. Looking at old parrish records and such is a great way to find things too. You can usually go right to the website for that particular parrish or church and they will have additional info. A lot of them have records you can access online nowadays. Plus we have a lot of members on here that are always glad to help out. I'm sure you'll be hearing from them too! I'll have a looksee also and see if I can find anything for you.

Look forward in chatting with you more!
Don't forget we have a Facebook page too! :)
Talk soon -
Cheryll Thompson
The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or even heard. They must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller

MICHAEL the Canadian

Re: New member Michael Thompson
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 04:54:50 PM »
Thanks Cherlyll Yes my sister was a member of ancestry.com She manage to find my grandfather coming across by boat, but theRE were to many Charles Thompson on the boat register to go further, my sister said she had troubles with Thompson because there is so little her in Canada as my grand father and his wife came across by boat, before that well grandfather born in London and my grand mother (MARY ELLIS) lived in Edinburgh Scotland. Any way I have been in touch with a ex sister in law who lives in derby England and believes she will have allot more success looking through local computer sites. Thanks for talking (writing) OH Ya I live in a city called St-jean -sur-Richelieu (old name before changed to French St-Johns) in the province of Quebec, Canada
situated about 20 mile south of Montreal, Quebec or if you want about 20 miles north of the NEW YORK, US border on the Richelieu river, the river connects to the Hudson river to New York city, between to 2 you have lake Champlain and i believe sound locks to the Hudson river. Any way take care!