Author Topic: Paula Cash  (Read 14479 times)

Cathy McTavish

• Core
Paula Cash
« on: June 02, 2008, 09:54:11 AM »
Paula:

I am extremely sorry to hear of your father's passing!

Cathy

Knoxville - VERLON SANFORD CASH, 84, went peacefully to heaven on May 31, 2008, at Parkwest Medical Center, Knoxville. He was a memberof Central Baptist Church, at Bearden, and a long time member of First Baptist Church, Memphis, TN. He retired from Memphis Funeral Home with over 40 Years of service to grieving families in the Mid-South area. He also served families with West Funeral Home, Weaverville, NC until moving to Knoxville in 1995. Verlon was an active Mason and Shriner over 60 years. He was a 50 year member of the Angerona Lodge, (32 degree) and the Al Chymia Shrine Temple, Memphis. He was also a charter member of the Memphis Downtown Kiwanis Club, and the Mars Hill Shrine Club (Oasis Temple), NC. He also holds membership in the York Rite, Marshall, NC. WWII Veteran, serving mainly in General George Patton’s 3rd Army office. Verlon was a witness and reported for the 3rd Army and Stars and Stripes at the Dachau and Nuremberg, Germany war crimes trials. Survived by, w!
 ife of 59 years Amaryllis (Amy) Boals Cash; daughter, Paula Cash Lemmond; grandchildren, Michelle E. Lemmond, and Michael A. Sanford Lemmond. A special thanks to, James Womack, and Ed Lemmond. Family will receive friends Tuesday, June 3, 2008 at Weaver Funeral Home from 5-7:30 p.m. with service to follow at 7:30 p.m. Dr. Wendell Boertje of Central Baptist Church of Bearden officiating. Interment Wednesday, June 4, at 11:30 a.m. in Tennessee Veterans Cemetery with Rev. Ed Lemmond holding committal service. Memorials may be made to Central Baptist Church of Bearden “Imagine the Blessing”, your local Shrine Temple to benefit the Shrine Hospital for Children, or other Christian charities. You are invited to share your thoughts and memories of Verlon at his memorial website www.mem.com. Weaver Funeral Home in charge of arrangements. Weaver Funeral Home 423-968-2111

Mary

• Administrator
Re: Paula Cash
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 08:16:12 PM »
Dear Paula and Family,

Your loss is borne by all - as Verlon was not only the father of a member, but was also a member of Clan Thompson Society. Our deepest sympathies to all your family. If there is anything you need, just ask. We cannot attend the service tomorrow as we have conflicting medical appointments in Murfreesboro, but our thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

Mary and Tom

Booner

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 09:15:57 PM »
Dear Paula,

I too am sorry to hear of your loss.  May God hold you and your family in the palm of his hand.

Dan Thompson
Booner

Barbara

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 03:48:26 PM »
Dear Paula, I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your father.  I wish I could have met him and heard some of the stories of his life, I know they would have been interesting.  My heart goes out to you and yours.  If there is anything at all that I can do for you please let me know.

Cousin Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Paula Cash Womack

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 07:54:14 PM »
Everyone,

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.  It really has been a tough week and a half.  I used to think that when people put in the obituaries that "they went peacefully into heaven" that it was fake... until Saturday the 31st.  Dad really did go peacefully.  He was the ultimate gentleman and gentle man.  Living his faith daily and now, even after he's gone.  He didn't preach with words, just actions. 

Thank you again.

Paula Cash and Jim Womack

Paula Cash Womack

Re: Paula Cash and MacTavish Items
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 12:44:10 PM »
When I first learned that we Cashes were possibly part of MacTavish/Thompson, I bought Dad all kinds of red tartan things.  He was so interested in his Scottish roots, I reallly didn't tell him how bad little chief was, that was after his stroke.  Anyway, Mother is cleaning out dad's stuff and I have a newish set of suspenders (only worn a few times).  Does anyone want these red suspenders (braces)?  No charge, just want them to go to someone who wants them.

Just let me know and they are yours.

Paula

Scotsmor

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 08:29:55 PM »
Hi Paula, I have some Cash in me as well. It is on my Canadian side.
Rob

Thomas B. Thompson

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 06:10:20 AM »
Hi Paula,
         Sorry to hear of you your loss. I've always believed that God created two
wonderful things. The " Innocence of Children and the Wisdom of the Elderly. When
they are gone, we all have loss.
God Bless You

Tom and Barbara  (Indian)

Paula Cash Womack

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 08:24:16 AM »
Thank you Tom and Barbara.  I agree about the loss, but we also have hope and assurance in the afterlife. 

Paula

Graham Thompson

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 08:51:10 PM »
I have some cash in my wallet but that about it
Guess what!? I'm here to spread my words of wisdom also. Everybody fear them!!! Hahaha

Barbara

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2008, 10:25:13 PM »
Hi Paula, I have some Cash in me as well. It is on my Canadian side.
Rob

Hi Rob,  do you know where or who your Cash line descended from?  Paula, Fred and I all share the same (6th is it?) grt. grd. father. 

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain