Author Topic: Family History Assistance  (Read 7660 times)

Forum_mgr

• Administrator
Family History Assistance
« on: February 10, 2008, 11:05:23 AM »
Reposted:

I have begun in earnest to get back to the family histories that have been sent to me! While in many cases I will not be able to add much to them, they will all be entered into a Thompson/related families database, in the hopes that we will be able to help others into the future. Rest assured no living family members will have their private information revealed.

One victory yesterday, one of our members is the 2nd cousin, 3 generations removed to Abraham Lincoln. Meaning Abe's grandfather is the 4th great-grandparent of our member! Pretty Cool!!

And this members 3rd great-grandmother was killed by Indians in Kentucky and her 2nd-great-grandmother spent 5 years in Indian captivity. The 2nd-great-grandmother was Sarah Shiply Michell, married to John Thompson of Virginia and Kentucky.

I am discovering an awful lot about all of you Thompson's! Very active in the Virginia, Kentucky, North Carolina area!

Cathy

Bobbie

Re: Family History Assistance
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 11:34:50 PM »
Cathy, it's stories like this that bring our ancestors to life for us.  Fascinating!  Thank you.

Bobbie
Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everybody agrees that it is old enough to know better. --- Socratex