Author Topic: LEGALITIES  (Read 15186 times)

MACTAVISH

LEGALITIES
« on: March 24, 2008, 11:26:13 AM »
I HAVE SOME GOOD NEWS AND SOME BAD NEWS FOR THE CLAN THOMPSON BUT ESPECIALLY BOONER TO WHOM I FEEL A STRONG FRATERNITY.
 GOOD NEWS IM IN MY FIFTIES NOW AND RECENTLY DECIDED TO MAKE A WILL. THE CONTENTS ARE NOT IMPORTANT AND ARE LITTLE MORE THAN SHOULD BE EXPECTED FOR A CHAP WHOS LIVED LIFE IN THE FAST LANE. OBVIOUSLY ALL THAT IS OF INTEREST WILL GO TO MY YOUNG SON;ALEX. THE LAWYER ADVISED ME TO PUT A CONTINGENCY CLAUSE INTO IT, RE ONE BEQUEST, SHOULD ALEX NOT TAKE UP THE ITEM FOR ANY REASON(INCLUDING NON INTEREST!)OR HIS YOUTH. SO, THATS WHAT IVE DONE- RE THAT ITEM. THIS IS NOW OFFICIAL AND RECORDED.
 I OWN SOME LAND IN THE HIGHLANDS, IT WAS BOUGHT ONLY TO GIVE ME THE FISHING RIGHTS ON A GOOD STRETCH OF THE RIVER THERE. WE'RE TALKING ABOUT A QUARTER OF A MILE OF RIVER BANK AND A WEE BIT OF LAND.IN SCOTTISH LAW; IF I DONT BEQUEST IT -I LOSE IT TO THE GOVERNMENT!
SO THATS IT, THERES A CONTINGENCY IN MY WILL THAT, SHOULD CIRCUMSTANCES DECIDE, THE PROPERTY GOES TO CLAN THOMPSON WITH BOONER AS AUTHORITY AND MY REPRESENTATIVE .AT THE VERY LEAST HE'LL ENJOY GOOD SPORT THERE.
THE BAD NEWS = I AM EXTREMELY FIT AND INTEND TO BE AROUND A WEE WHILE YET!I STILL HAVE A SIX PACK AND HAVE NOT BEEN ILL IN MY LIFE(APART FROM ONCE I WAS GIVEN PALADRINE(ANTI MALARIAL DRUG)BY THE ARMY, I WAS ILL THEN!

Graham Thompson

Re: LEGALITIES
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 04:57:35 PM »
Darn you Booner. Nice work picking up land. I call coming fishing on it. I hope while McTavish is still around.  ;D
Guess what!? I'm here to spread my words of wisdom also. Everybody fear them!!! Hahaha

Booner

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 09:30:54 PM »
My Dear Stevie,

You honor me so much, I had to think about this for awhile before I could come up with a proper responce.

Three things in your message makes me very proud, honored, and humbeled.

Obviously, the first; that you think enough of me to allow me to act in behalf of your wishes. 
Second; That you think enough of us Thompson's to even concider a gift like this to us is truely remarkable
And Third, "ESPECIALLY BOONER TO WHOM I FEEL A STRONG FRATERNITY."  Thank you. I means a lot to me that you feel this way, and let me assure you that the feeling is mutual.  If it's possible to really know someone from a years worth of e-mails, then I would say that we are truely brothers from different mothers.

Again, thank you very much for your very kind words.

BUT lets all hope that it's many many years before you put you will into effect.  Can you imagine the disastorous effect your passing would have on the women of this clan???

And I'm serious about you comming over here for a visit. You'd have many people that you would have to meet, (or tender hearts would be broken), but we'd find the time to get some serious fishing in.  Hey, I might even let you ride my bike.

Lastly,  you need to send me your address. I have something here that belongs to you.  My private e-mail is: dthompson1334@hotmail.com  (I guess it's not so private anymore).  ALso, you know my real name isn't "Booner,"
right?

All the best to you, and a long life.

Booner

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 07:37:22 AM »
nd I'm serious about you comming over here for a visit. You'd have many people that you would have to meet, (or tender hearts would be broken), but we'd find the time to get some serious fishing in.  Hey, I might even let you ride my bike.

Well, when ya'll get to TN, we live between two huge lakes............ and we have a bass boat........................so put us on your fishing schedule. No bike to ride, but we do have a draft horse!   ;D

Hey Stevie - is your stream section suitable for fly fishing??? (our favorite!)

Mary

« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 07:42:09 AM by Mary »

MACTAVISH

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 11:39:23 AM »
WELL BOONER, SENTIMENT BETWEEN SCOTS SHOULD NEVER BE GIVEN OR TAKEN LIGHTLY, ITS CONSIDERED AND GENUINE, I THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE, I DIDNT SEEK ONE, (I WAS JUST SAYING IT AS IT IS),BUT PLEASED I GOT ONE.LETS YOU AND I ALWAYS BE BROTHERLY FRIENDS AND PLEDGE THAT OUR FAMILIES MEET.
 YOU SAY YOU HAVE SOMETHING FOR ME,KEEP IT UNTIL WE MEET, I HAVE A FEW THINGS YOU MAY LIKE TOO!THINGS YOU CAN'T GET ANYWHERE ELSE. I KEEP THREATENING TO COME OVER AND SEE YOU ALL AND IT WILL HAPPEN -WHEN I CAN AFFORD THE TIME, SOONER RATHER THAN LATER. THATS A PROMISE. I'LL HAVE TO CREATE AN ITINARY AND ROUTE.I MUST SHAKE SOME HANDS AND IVE A HUGE HUG FOR MARY/BARBARA/ DEBS AND PAULA- I MAY HAVE TO BRING BARBARA BACK IN MY SPORRAN! IVE BEEN TO THE US MANY TIMES; MOSTLY COCOA,FLORIDA AND I WAS ATTACHED/EXCHANGED AT FORT BRAGG,NORTH CAROLINA, FOR A WEE WHILE.
 I WAS IN OAKLAND, CALIFORNIA IN THE LATE 80s AND MET SOME REAL HELLS ANGELS WHO ADOPTED ME FOR THE DAY AND LET ME RIDE A 3 WHEEL- VW ENGINE - CHOPPER! EASIER THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE IN A KILT!
 ALEX IS 3 IN MAY AND WILL START SCHOOL- ITS LOOKING LIKE IT'LL BE IN THE BORDERS- AGED 4 AND A HALF. A US VISIT WOULD NEED TO BE PRIOR TO THAT TO HAVE ANY DECENT LENGTH OF VISIT,SO WE'LL WORK AROUND THAT. THIS YEAR WE'RE ALL BOOKED UP! WE'LL SPEND JUNE IN BULGARIA, THE BEST CHEAPEST COUNTRY IN EUROPE, YOU CAN GET A 3 COURSE MEAL AND DRUNK FOR $4! THEN CROATIA EARLY SEPTEMBER, CANARIES IN OCTOBER AND TUNISIA IN EARLY JANUARY. WE HAVE TO ADHERE TO MY YOUNG NURSE WIFE'S VACATION ALLOWANCE! WE ALSO TRAVEL THE HOMELAND AT WEEKENDS AND ODD WEEKS IN HOTELS WITH GOOD DEALS....FOR INSTANCE THE MELROSE TRIP IN 3 WEEKS ; ITS COST US , FOR 6 DAYS WITH TOP FOOD INCLUDED/ENTERTAINMENT ETC/ 2 ADULTS +ONE CHILD  TOTAL PRICE LESS THAN $400! IT GETS MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE AS THE SUMMER APPROACHES.
 PERHAPS YOU'LL CONSIDER A VISIT OVER HERE BOONER WITH YOUR FAMILY? I'D SURE LIKE TO MEET THEM.

MACTAVISH

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 11:42:42 AM »
MARY, THE RIVER IS  FLY AND LURE FISHING AND HOLDS SALMON, BROONIES(BROWN TROUT) AND SEA TROUT, MY BIGGEST SALMON 22 POUNDS. YOUR LAKES SOUND VERY INTERESTING AND ALEX LOVES HORSES BUT HE NAMES THEM ALL 'PUMPKIN'!

Barbara

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 12:24:32 PM »
Ach! MacTavish, the thought is sweet but I don't think I would fit in your sporran.   ;D

What a sweetheart you are to think of putting Clan Thom(p)son in your will, what an honor you bestow on us! 

Wish you could be here for the Glasgow, Kentucky Highland Games last of May, first of June so we all could meet.

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Booner

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 10:27:50 PM »
MACTAVISH,

"LETS YOU AND I ALWAYS BE BROTHERLY FRIENDS AND PLEDGE THAT OUR FAMILIES MEET".  --'Tis done!

I'm hoping that I will sometime soon (soon being a relative term here) have get over there to see where my family came from.  I keep on plugging away at it, and feel that's it's just beyond my grasp.  My son is  just shy of 17 and will be in his last year of high school next year, after that it's either college for 4 years or the military for 3, and then college.  He and I are very close, and I wish you have the same relationship with your son as I have with mine. And I hope you don't have the same relationship with your wife as I had with mine.  After 15 years of marrage, I've been divorced now for 8 years. His mother and I are pretty good friends, but I won't bring her.

I received "Culloden" by Prebble today. Again, I like the way this man writes history

In the next 50 days I have a lot of travelling to do.  April 3 & 4 I'll be in Washington DC to attend a funeral at Arlinton National Cemetery for a Colorado airman shot down & killed in Viet Nam in '68.  His body was recovered and identified through DNA.  The army is flying about 120 of us Vets out to Washington on C-130's to visit the Viet Nam Memorial on Thurs and attend the funeral on Fri.

April 19 & 20 I'm riding down to Taos, New Mexico to be inducted into the Vetrans of Viet Nam Motorcycle Club.  I'll be a "patch holder" which means something to hard-core bikers. I'll explain the whole thing sometime on a post.

And then May 17-31 I'll be on Run for the Wall from Colorado to Washington D.C.  Theres about 10 of us riding together in our own group rather than with the 300-400 in the pack.  We don't feel it's too safe riding with a group of that size.  So we're going to shadow them acrost the country to Washington, Visit the Wall again, and then take our time getting back home.  Gasoline is $3.50 a gallon now, probably close to $4.00 by then, glad the bike gets 40+ miles per gallon.

And I'll probably be getting the Dress Blue Thomson kilt a little latter this summer--but I don't think I'll be riding the bike with it--it increases the need for protection on so many levels.

All the Best

Booner

MACTAVISH

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 11:11:51 AM »
WHO KNOWS WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS BOONER....CHANCES ARE I'LL BE LIVING IN THE BORDERS LATER THIS YEAR, THINGS CERTAINLY ARE COMING TOGETHER THAT WAY. MO WILL BE AT WORK A LOT, ALEX STARTING SCHOOL IN 18 MONTHS AND I'LL HAVE A LOT OF FREE TIME ON MY HANDS. YOU'LL WANT TO COME HOME AT SOME POINT AND WE'LL BE LIVING A HALF HOUR FROM PENICUIK(EDINBURGH AIRPORT) WITH A HOUSE IN THE BORDERS........ MAYBE WE CAN PUT THESE THINGS TOGETHER.

MACTAVISH

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 11:23:35 AM »
SADLY BARBARA I'LL BE IN BULGARIA START OF JUNE, PROBABLY JUST AS WELL, I DONT SUFFER FOOLS GLADLY.
 I REALLY LOVE BULGARIA THO; IT'LL BE AROUND 110 DEGREES, IMMACULATELY CLEAN,LOVELY PEOPLE(IM QUITE FLUENT IN BULGARIAN TOO) FOOD TO DIE FOR AND WHISKY $2 A BOTTLE. ALL THE BULGARIANS CALL ALEX THE BULGA EQUIVALENT= SASHKO AND HE KNOWS MANY BULGA PHRASES LIKE HELLO/THANKYOU/GOOD NIGHT ETC. HE TOO WILL BE MULTI LINGUAL, HE SPEAKS ENGLISH AND GAELIC AND HAS AN INTEREST IN OTHER LANGUAGES, AGED 2! :)
 THE SPORRAN? MAYBE I HAVE A LARGER SPORRAN THAN YOU THINK????
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 08:32:09 AM by Forum_mgr »

Barbara

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 12:58:24 PM »
MacTavish, if you have a sporran large enough for me then I guess I'll be going back to Scotland with you!    8)  ;D

Booner, I'm so proud of you!  <<hugs>>

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Booner

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2008, 07:54:29 PM »
Barbara,

What did I do?

& MAC TAVISH.  You're a Garthbeg Mac Tavish /Thomson,  Everyone know you need a large sporran!
Well, I'll be happy that you'll be in the borders, we can find all kinds of research for you to do. But how well will you take it/  I mean, I see you wandering the highlands, not rubbing shoulders with the reivers.

Booner

Barbara

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2008, 10:09:51 PM »
Booner, I'm proud of you for fighting for our country and all the things you do for our Vets.
In the next 50 days I have a lot of travelling to do.  April 3 & 4 I'll be in Washington DC to attend a funeral at Arlinton National Cemetery for a Colorado airman shot down & killed in Viet Nam in '68.  His body was recovered and identified through DNA.  The army is flying about 120 of us Vets out to Washington on C-130's to visit the Viet Nam Memorial on Thurs and attend the funeral on Fri.

April 19 & 20 I'm riding down to Taos, New Mexico to be inducted into the Vetrans of Viet Nam Motorcycle Club.  I'll be a "patch holder" which means something to hard-core bikers. I'll explain the whole thing sometime on a post.

And then May 17-31 I'll be on Run for the Wall from Colorado to Washington D.C.  Theres about 10 of us riding together in our own group rather than with the 300-400 in the pack.  We don't feel it's too safe riding with a group of that size.  So we're going to shadow them acrost the country to Washington, Visit the Wall again, and then take our time getting back home.  Gasoline is $3.50 a gallon now, probably close to $4.00 by then, glad the bike gets 40+ miles per gallon.

Barbara  :)

Cathy McTavish

• Core
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008, 11:30:08 AM »
I second Barbara's sentiments, thanks to all of you men and women in the armed services, and to all of you veterans!

cathy

Booner

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 09:11:08 PM »
Hi Cathy,
I've been wondering where you've been.

I was looking on the Clan Fraser of Canada website and saw a posting regarding  Lt. John Mactavish who faught inthe 7 years/ French & Indian war---Isn't that your g-g-g- grand dad?