Author Topic: Descendants of John William Thomson/William John Thomson  (Read 42186 times)

Booner

Re: Descendants of John William Thomson/William John Thomson
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2008, 05:03:39 PM »
Hi David,

We may be distantly related.  I have a number of Garlands and Ballards in my family from Virginia.  They both were rather prominent families prior to the revolution around the Louisa county area.   There was even a Ballard with the first name of Bland.  I'll check my family notes to see what I have.

Regards,

Big T

David Thompson

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2008, 08:07:01 AM »
That would be very cool! I had a Ballard for a nieghbor when I lived at Smith Mountian Lake in Virginia.

David Thompson

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2008, 08:28:56 AM »
For some more information. Andrew Lacy Thompson was the son of Andrew John Thompson from the previous page. Andrew Lacy Thompson was born at White Gate in the County of Giles, Virginia on 25 August 1916 and died at White Gate, Virginia on 12 December 1989. He was a Lab Technician for Rockey Fuels for the Department of Defense, A Community Leader and Founder of the Local Rotary, and Gentleman Farmer. Andrew Lacy Thompson was married to Pansy Leslie in the Town Bland in the County of Bland, Virginia. Pansy was born in the Town of Pikeville in the County of Pike, Kentucky on 15 July 1924 and died at White Gate, Virginia on 22 January 2006. Daughter of Roland L. Leslie and his wife Florence Ratliff which was married in the Town of Pikeville in the County of Pike, Kentucky on 16 July 1919. Andrew Lacy Thompson had a son David Carrel Thompson.

David Thompson

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2008, 08:41:13 AM »
David Carrel Thompson was born on 14 February 1947 in the Town of Pearisburg in County of Giles, Virginia and is still living. David Carrel Thompson was a Professional Engineer Retired from the fileds of Mechanical and Electrical and is now a Gentleman Farmer. He married on 10 June 1967 at the Town of Pearisburg, Virginia to Gwendolyn Faye Robertson. Gwendolyn Faye Robertson was born on 27 November 1947 in the City of Radford, Virginia and is the daughter of Robert Carter Robertson and Margarette Louise Deck which they were married on 24 May 1945 in the County of Pulaski, Virginia. David Carrel Thompson now a Senior had a son David Carrel Thompson, Jr.

David Thompson

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2008, 09:00:21 AM »
David Carrel Thompson, Jr. was born in the City of Newport News, Virginia on 12 May 1968 and is still living. Served Unted States Marine Corps 2nd MarDiv 8/3 B Co; Rank: CWO1, Retired; Bachelor Degree in Business and Criminology Florida State University. Married in the Town of Harrisonburg, Virginia on 24 June 2005 to Lynne Ann George. Lynne was born in the City of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on 28 February 1972 and is still living. She is the daughter of Robert George and Deborah Lee Hassenpflug of the Town of Eighty-Four in the Township of North Strabane in the County of Washington, Pennsylvania. I, David C. Thompson, Jr. have no children yet, and this is to be updated.............

GeorgeT

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2010, 05:36:45 PM »
David Thompson

John William Thomson is in my direct line.  I show a different year with his father William born in 1375.
Otherwise, it all matches.

Do you have more before John William ?

Thanks for some good reads.

-G Steven Thompson-

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2010, 10:55:13 AM »
Steve --

I doubt that David will answer your post --- he moved to a new location in PA, invalidated his contact info and refused communications from us  AFTER HE ASKED TO MAKE PAYMENTS AND THEN STIFFED THE CLAN OVER $300 ON HIS KILT PACKAGE. One of the few dishonorable Thoms we have run into (except for those who have drunk the MacTravesty coolaid......) Oddly enough, follow up emails and requests for payment have always gone unanswered......BY him or his wife, Lynne - who had promised to make good on the debt. 

However, I will email you some info that will help your search....

Mary

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2010, 11:25:38 AM »
Sad, really sad! Loyalty to and honesty with your family was always a hallmark trait among the Border Reiver clans. But I guess things have changed since then and not always for the better.
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

GeorgeT

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2010, 11:47:47 AM »
My family goes all the way back to James - father of (John) William Thompson. Born abt 1350.
I found it fascinating to read of David's family research. Except for the dates  and middle names, it all jived.
So, I am descended from the line of John. Which line are you (David) descended from ?

-Steve Thompson-

GeorgeT

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2010, 11:49:09 AM »
Cathy,
I sent you my FTM file on the Thompson line. I do NOT know where you post things.
So... where do you post ?

-Steve-