Author Topic: This is my mom  (Read 7390 times)

Dusevoir

• Core
  • Me
This is my mom
« on: May 12, 2011, 11:40:00 AM »
Since, it's a bit slow around here, I thought I'd show one of my favorite photos of my mom Jane and my uncle Dick. Yes, Dick and Jane.  Do you remember the Dick and Jane series? 

They were born and raised in Hood River, Oregon.  It's a beautiful place along the gorgeous gorge with the river on one side and the mountain on the other.  It is known for their fresh fruit and veggies, especially the cherries (my fave), apples and pears.  People come from all over the world to wind surf in Hood River on the Columbia River. 

:)
Old Genealogists never die - they just lose their census.

Bookiejo

Re: This is my mom
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 10:43:55 PM »
Could we be related?  My great grandmother, Mary Ann Thompson was born in Ballycastle, Ulster Ireland in 1839 and died in Oswego OR in 1868.  she was married to Henry Alfred Bunker and left five children--the oldest my grandmother Annie Elizabeth Bunker Stearns.  No one in my family has been able to locate any more information on her (can you imagine how many Mary Thompsons there are?!) but I am guessing she had a pretty eventful life.

Dusevoir

• Core
  • Me
Re: This is my mom
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 08:40:47 AM »
Maybe.........my grandfather Maurice Thompson was born in Rankin, IL and lived in Paducah, KY.  He joined the Navy and was in CA when he jumped ship and ended up in Oregon where he met my grandmother Alice Paull.    My Thompsons also lived in IN and PA. 

I do have cousins with the last name Stearns. 

Stearns, Cathrine      abt 1914 - Washington     -
Stearns, Dorothy      abt 1923 -     -
Stearns, Glenn Hope      8 Mar 1920 - Klickitat, Washington, USA     03-25-1998 - Milwaukee,Wisconsin,USA
Stearns, Irene      abt 1925 -     -
Stearns, Muriel Elizabeth      abt 1913 - Washington     -
Stearns, Paula      24 Jan 1948 -     -
Stearns, Rollin H      abt 1911 -     -
Stearns, Rollin Hope      7 Feb 1875 - Princeton, Illinois, USA     24 Sept. 1954 - Portland, Oregon, USA
Stearns, Stanley      29 Dec 1916 - Washington     09 Oct 1952 - Portland, Oregon
Stearns, Walter      abt 1926 -

Paula is the only one I am related to.

Do you know Henry Alfred Bunker's birth date?  Maybe, if we can find him, we can find her. 
Old Genealogists never die - they just lose their census.