Genealogy > Thom(p)son Genealogy

Importance of Thompson Genealogy

(1/3) > >>

Thomas Thompson:
I urge all of you having Thom(p)son surnames to post your genealogy links/stories to Scotland.

First we need to be able to identify with locations (villages, churches, etc.) for official recognition.  Additionally a great number of us do not have proof of our claims to descend from Scottish ancestors.  Because most of our ancestors traveled in groups of kin, we need to compile a great deal of history. It is only by tracing the known migration of different families from village to village and then to Ports, Ships and Countries; that we will be able to help others find their roots.  That is the real purpose of forming a clan of Thom(p)sons.

Graham Thompson:
Honestly all i have is the past 2 generations. The generation before that came fom europe so i dont know anything past that.

Moira:
Hi Graham,

Why don't you post what you have and maybe some of the rest of us can help!

If we don't know who you're looking for, we sure can't!

Cathy McTavish:
Graham, you forget, I got 6 generations for you!!!   Here is your 6th generation.  It does not go back to Europe, but to Nova Scotia.  I will resend the complete report to you by e-mail!
Cathy

32.  Joseph Oxley Thompson, born 20 Jun 1806 in Cumberland, Nova Scotia, Canada.  He married 33. Mary Catherine Dixon.
   33.  Mary Catherine Dixon, born 20 Jun 1810; died Aft. 1881.

Children of Joseph Thompson and Mary Dixon are:
   16   i.   Joseph Thompson, born 19 Apr 1849 in Nova Scotia, Canada; died 1931 in White Mouth, Manitoba, Canada; married Lucinda Johnson 01 Jul 1874.
      ii.   Mary Ann Thompson, born 05 Nov 1828 in Nova Scotia, Canada; died 16 Apr 1835 in Cumberland, Nova Scotia, Canada.
      iii.   Ralph Thompson, born 08 Sep 1830 in Nova Scotia, Canada.
      iv.   Matilda Thompson, born 20 Oct 1832 in Nova Scotia, Canada; died 03 Dec 1844 in Nova Scotia, Canada.
      v.   Letitia Thompson, born 16 Nov 1843 in Nova Scotia, Canada.
      vi.   Matilda Thompson, born 16 Nov 1843 in Cumberland, Nova Scotia, Canada; died 1848 in Cumberland, Nova Scotia, Canada.
      vii.   Evelina Thompson, born 14 Sep 1845 in Little River, Cumberland County, Nova Scotia; died 29 Mar 1930 in Cumberland, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Forum_mgr:
Graham.......you FORGOT you got genealogy information???   ::)   ;D ;D

Cathy, maybe you need to give him a 'thump' alongside the head to remind him!  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version