General Category > Games & Festivals

Highland Games on the Forum Calendar

<< < (2/3) > >>

Mary:
Hi Stirling,

No, they can't add events to the one on the website.

The summer months did have events originally but there was a glitch in the calender embedding that dropped them off and F.M. wasn't responsible for that. I do the webpage and there was nothing I could do about it either. It was something Google had to finally figure out.

If you have events that aren't there and you put them on the forum calendar, drop a message here too and I'll get them on the website calendar too.

Graham - I did look at some other Canadian games but they seemed exclusively music events with/without some heavy athletics but no clan tents and all that stuff......... One was indeed in Winnipeg, but no clans.

Mary

A. Thompson:
Any near Pittsburgh PA?  I don't know if you guys go to the one in pittsburgh area but if any others nearby would be cool.  Besides for some reason they put the Irish festival and Highland games here on same weekend.  My club hasn't been able to attend the highland games due to commitments to the Irish festival as Volunteers (5 years straight) though we have considered some year going to the Highland games instead.

Forum_mgr:
Hello and welcome Aiden!

The only games I know of anywhere near Pittsburgh were the Ligonier Highland Games last weekend.  There's the Celtic Classic the weekend of 26-28 September in Bethlehem but I don't know how close that is to Pittsburgh.

F.M.

A. Thompson:
Yeh the Ligonier is the one that is near and falls on the weekend of Irish festival.  But just heard some of friends I ride with are thinking of going to there next year so I may be there in 2009.  Don't know if anyone else be around there.

(I can't drive, so am somewhat dependent on people who can or buses)

Jon Heller:
Hi Aiden! I am near Harrisburg PA.....not terribly close to Pittsburgh but there are some small festivals around here. There's an Irish festival in Gettysburg in July, A celtic one (with some Scottish clans) in Carlisle in August, The Celtic Fling in June at the Renaissance Fair in Manheim and a Pipes and Drums festival in June in Harrisburg. They are all pretty small but a lot of fun. I will get some more info together and then submit it for the calendar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version