Genealogy > Thom(p)son Genealogy

LEGALITIES

<< < (3/3)

Barbara:
MacTavish, if you have a sporran large enough for me then I guess I'll be going back to Scotland with you!    8)  ;D

Booner, I'm so proud of you!  <<hugs>>

Barbara

Booner:
Barbara,

What did I do?

& MAC TAVISH.  You're a Garthbeg Mac Tavish /Thomson,  Everyone know you need a large sporran!
Well, I'll be happy that you'll be in the borders, we can find all kinds of research for you to do. But how well will you take it/  I mean, I see you wandering the highlands, not rubbing shoulders with the reivers.

Booner

Barbara:
Booner, I'm proud of you for fighting for our country and all the things you do for our Vets.

--- Quote ---In the next 50 days I have a lot of travelling to do.  April 3 & 4 I'll be in Washington DC to attend a funeral at Arlinton National Cemetery for a Colorado airman shot down & killed in Viet Nam in '68.  His body was recovered and identified through DNA.  The army is flying about 120 of us Vets out to Washington on C-130's to visit the Viet Nam Memorial on Thurs and attend the funeral on Fri.

April 19 & 20 I'm riding down to Taos, New Mexico to be inducted into the Vetrans of Viet Nam Motorcycle Club.  I'll be a "patch holder" which means something to hard-core bikers. I'll explain the whole thing sometime on a post.

And then May 17-31 I'll be on Run for the Wall from Colorado to Washington D.C.  Theres about 10 of us riding together in our own group rather than with the 300-400 in the pack.  We don't feel it's too safe riding with a group of that size.  So we're going to shadow them acrost the country to Washington, Visit the Wall again, and then take our time getting back home.  Gasoline is $3.50 a gallon now, probably close to $4.00 by then, glad the bike gets 40+ miles per gallon.
--- End quote ---

Barbara  :)

Cathy McTavish:
I second Barbara's sentiments, thanks to all of you men and women in the armed services, and to all of you veterans!

cathy

Booner:
Hi Cathy,
I've been wondering where you've been.

I was looking on the Clan Fraser of Canada website and saw a posting regarding  Lt. John Mactavish who faught inthe 7 years/ French & Indian war---Isn't that your g-g-g- grand dad?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version