Genealogy > Thom(p)son Genealogy

LEGALITIES

<< < (2/3) > >>

MACTAVISH:
MARY, THE RIVER IS  FLY AND LURE FISHING AND HOLDS SALMON, BROONIES(BROWN TROUT) AND SEA TROUT, MY BIGGEST SALMON 22 POUNDS. YOUR LAKES SOUND VERY INTERESTING AND ALEX LOVES HORSES BUT HE NAMES THEM ALL 'PUMPKIN'!

Barbara:
Ach! MacTavish, the thought is sweet but I don't think I would fit in your sporran.   ;D

What a sweetheart you are to think of putting Clan Thom(p)son in your will, what an honor you bestow on us! 

Wish you could be here for the Glasgow, Kentucky Highland Games last of May, first of June so we all could meet.

Barbara

Booner:
MACTAVISH,

"LETS YOU AND I ALWAYS BE BROTHERLY FRIENDS AND PLEDGE THAT OUR FAMILIES MEET".  --'Tis done!

I'm hoping that I will sometime soon (soon being a relative term here) have get over there to see where my family came from.  I keep on plugging away at it, and feel that's it's just beyond my grasp.  My son is  just shy of 17 and will be in his last year of high school next year, after that it's either college for 4 years or the military for 3, and then college.  He and I are very close, and I wish you have the same relationship with your son as I have with mine. And I hope you don't have the same relationship with your wife as I had with mine.  After 15 years of marrage, I've been divorced now for 8 years. His mother and I are pretty good friends, but I won't bring her.

I received "Culloden" by Prebble today. Again, I like the way this man writes history

In the next 50 days I have a lot of travelling to do.  April 3 & 4 I'll be in Washington DC to attend a funeral at Arlinton National Cemetery for a Colorado airman shot down & killed in Viet Nam in '68.  His body was recovered and identified through DNA.  The army is flying about 120 of us Vets out to Washington on C-130's to visit the Viet Nam Memorial on Thurs and attend the funeral on Fri.

April 19 & 20 I'm riding down to Taos, New Mexico to be inducted into the Vetrans of Viet Nam Motorcycle Club.  I'll be a "patch holder" which means something to hard-core bikers. I'll explain the whole thing sometime on a post.

And then May 17-31 I'll be on Run for the Wall from Colorado to Washington D.C.  Theres about 10 of us riding together in our own group rather than with the 300-400 in the pack.  We don't feel it's too safe riding with a group of that size.  So we're going to shadow them acrost the country to Washington, Visit the Wall again, and then take our time getting back home.  Gasoline is $3.50 a gallon now, probably close to $4.00 by then, glad the bike gets 40+ miles per gallon.

And I'll probably be getting the Dress Blue Thomson kilt a little latter this summer--but I don't think I'll be riding the bike with it--it increases the need for protection on so many levels.

All the Best

Booner

MACTAVISH:
WHO KNOWS WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS BOONER....CHANCES ARE I'LL BE LIVING IN THE BORDERS LATER THIS YEAR, THINGS CERTAINLY ARE COMING TOGETHER THAT WAY. MO WILL BE AT WORK A LOT, ALEX STARTING SCHOOL IN 18 MONTHS AND I'LL HAVE A LOT OF FREE TIME ON MY HANDS. YOU'LL WANT TO COME HOME AT SOME POINT AND WE'LL BE LIVING A HALF HOUR FROM PENICUIK(EDINBURGH AIRPORT) WITH A HOUSE IN THE BORDERS........ MAYBE WE CAN PUT THESE THINGS TOGETHER.

MACTAVISH:
SADLY BARBARA I'LL BE IN BULGARIA START OF JUNE, PROBABLY JUST AS WELL, I DONT SUFFER FOOLS GLADLY.
 I REALLY LOVE BULGARIA THO; IT'LL BE AROUND 110 DEGREES, IMMACULATELY CLEAN,LOVELY PEOPLE(IM QUITE FLUENT IN BULGARIAN TOO) FOOD TO DIE FOR AND WHISKY $2 A BOTTLE. ALL THE BULGARIANS CALL ALEX THE BULGA EQUIVALENT= SASHKO AND HE KNOWS MANY BULGA PHRASES LIKE HELLO/THANKYOU/GOOD NIGHT ETC. HE TOO WILL BE MULTI LINGUAL, HE SPEAKS ENGLISH AND GAELIC AND HAS AN INTEREST IN OTHER LANGUAGES, AGED 2! :)
 THE SPORRAN? MAYBE I HAVE A LARGER SPORRAN THAN YOU THINK????

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version