General Category > NEW MEMBERS! Introduce yourselves here!

New Guy from Georgia

<< < (3/5) > >>

Ron Yatzek:

--- Quote from: cheryllwith2ls on March 31, 2014, 08:32:56 PM ---Hi Ron!

I've been doing a little digging here & there on your names and dates. From what I can tell, it seems Burghwallis is referred to as Doncaster. Do you find this to be true? I have found some things mentioning a William Thompson with mother Anne Thompson also linked to a Charles & George Thompson but the dates I have for birth year are 1787. If you like, I will post the links to them on here.

--- End quote ---

Sure feel free to post it here.  I do see that the Burghwallis records are all housed in Doncaster.  Seems that this is the main town surrounded by the smaller villages.  I still have only been able to find a birth date of 7 Jun 1778 and a Baptism date of 10 Jul 1778 for William.  I wonder if I maybe took a wrong turn one generation back...lol.

And thanks for the comments about "Star Fell on Alabama."  It is one of my favorite jazz standards and that was a later recording.  It was a learning experience doing self recording and took me a while to get a somewhat decent sound from the room...lol.

And thanks again all for the warmest welcome.  Makes me very happy I decided to look here!

Ron Yatzek:
I am having brain overload from all the info I am reading from the forums.  I can't imagine how much work has been involved with discovering all this information.  Amazing!

cheryllwith2ls:
Ron....see if any of these help
You might've already seen them.....

https://familysearch.org/search/record/results?count=20&query=%2Bgivenname%3AWilliam%20%2Bsurname%3AThompson%20%2Brecord_country%3AEngland%20%2Brecord_subcountry%3A%22England%2CYorkshire%22%20%2Bbirth_year%3A1778-1778~%20%2Bdeath_place%3A%22Yorkshire%2C%20England%22%20%2Bdeath_year%3A1856-1856~&offset=0

https://familysearch.org/search/record/results?count=20&query=%2Bgivenname%3Awilliam%20%2Bsurname%3AThompson%20%2Bfilm_number%3A599999%20%2Bbirth_year%3A1778-1778~%20%2Bmother_givenname%3AAnn%20%2Bmother_surname%3AThompson

It does list his baptism under Non-Conformist (non parish) records. Searching the quaker's records seems to be the place to look for that. I've been looking for a while now but must get some sleep. I will continue tomorrow.I did look there the other day and found a few things of interest but like a dummy I forgot to save it and now I'm having trouble finding it again. UGH.  If you want to do a little digging yourself on there its here  (somewhere lol) :

https://www.quaker.org.uk/access-archives-and-records

Cheryll :)

Ron Yatzek:
Cheryll I very much appreciate all the help.  Seems that this is the only information available for William and his mother Ann.  I found exactly the same baptism records with the same info.  It does list Ann's occupation as Servant, so I am thinking it is quite possible there is no info out there for her beyond this one record.

I did however find a possible, and I stress possible, wife of William, by the name of Jane Cordiner born in 1802.  I am trying to contact the owner of the tree by email to find out where he gathered his information since he has their children listed correctly, but I have not yet been able to trace any documents. 

I did find an interesting listing in a parish record from the North Riding or Yorkshire that actually showed a shift in the spelling of the surname. I will have to track it down again, but it was a birth record showing the father as Thomson and the son as Thompson, from I think around the end of the 1600's.  I found it pretty interesting.

I think I am coming to the conclusion that there are just so many Thompsons in Yorkshire County, that I might never be able to for sure trace back any farther.  It has blown my mind how many I have found going through old documents over the last week or so.

Thanks again for the help and I will continue the search!...lol.

Ron Yatzek:

--- Quote from: Ernestt481 on March 30, 2014, 05:25:21 PM ---Ron.
I just listened to "Hold My Beer" and loved it.
Come to Scotland in the Park and I'll definitely find something for you to do,
Ern

--- End quote ---

Hey Ern, so where would this happen?...lol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version