Genealogy > Thom(p)son DNA Project

Lachlan Thomson 1868

<< < (2/3) > >>

John ThomsonHollingsworth:
As I mentioned in my last post we had found a new home. We are now settled in the new home.
We are in the same county but now in "town" as opposed to previous 25 years in country on 2.5 acres 25 miles from town.
We recently been attending a nearby Episcopal church (Nearest Presbyterian church 30 miles east or west of us)
They celebrated St Andrew's Day this past Sunday. The vicar's mother is Scottish.
He wore his kilt under his vestments, had a bagpiper play and read the the scripture in both English and Gaelic.
He blessed the Tartans of the people who brought their family's tartan.
I had brought my Thomson tartan tie.
What a place to live.

Donna:
Hey John,
It does sound like you found a wonderful place to live!  Do you live anywhere near Duke?   Don't forget the Gathering on January 17th in Central Florida!

Donna

John ThomsonHollingsworth:
We live in LaBelle FL  near Fort Myers
I will check out gathering

Mary:
Looked again last night but found the same info Cathy already had.  Wish folks would post new geneo info!

Dead ends are bummers, for sure.........but I keep thinking about how cool it is that with all the Thompsons out there, Tom and Booner have the closest DHA match available (I think it's common ancestor in 5 generations or something). Two members of the society! I knew they were alike politically....wonder if it's genetic?   ::)

Booner:
"Tom and Booner have the closest DHA match available (I think it's common ancestor in 5 generations or something). Two members of the society! I knew they were alike politically....wonder if it's genetic? "

Genetic, very possibly, but it's also true that we are two men very intelligent men, so we should think alike.

Humble too. Did I mention that?  We're both very humble.

Your humble servent,
Booner

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version