Genealogy > Thom(p)son Genealogy

Importance of Thompson Genealogy

<< < (2/3) > >>

Graham Thompson:
Hey hey hey!!! I didnt forget, I just didnt have that far back. Theres a difference. But I do appreciate your help, from everyone. I just wish I knew more about my ansestries from europe.

Booner:
Hey Graham!!!!

Here's your family--->>>
http://www3.telus.net/chignecto/thompson/index2.htm

It was slow at work and I was doing some surfing- I came acrost this family and Just happened to have your (well Cathy's posting) of you family open and Jeseph Oxley Thompson and Mary Catherine Dixon match up
---You're English !!!!!  Well from Yorkshire, So maybe you're Border English.. so maybe we'll keep ya anyway ;)

Joseph Oxley thompson father was Ralph B Thompson who's father was Richard who's Father was John Thompson 1737- 1824 & Mary Sunley 1703-?  ( can't beleive those dates, your gggg grandma robbed the cradel) of mYorkshire Eng. Whose descendants migrated to Nova Scotia/New Brunswich Canada.

ok, now get off your duff & find my family!

with the very best regards,
Big T

Graham Thompson:
I have no clue what im looking at. Theres a bunch of surnames but I dont no where to look. And from what my grandparents told me I dont have English blood at all. I read somewhere that the name Thompson spelt with a p come from part of england but they were never english just scottish people who moved there.

Booner:
ok Graham,

Lets walk through this...

4 or 5 posts above Cathy gave you you're 6th generation of Thompsons---is it correct that you are related to Joseph Oxley Thompson & his wife, Catherine Dixon?   Since Cathy gaved that to you, I gotta beleive you are.  The Celtic Warrior Princess would not make a mistake that that.

So assuming that info is correct, we can go about this one ot two ways-

the 1st way-click on this link and you'll go to Joseph's page--->     http://www3.telus.net/chignecto/thompson/aqwg09.htm#31986

You'll notice the number "103" next to Joseph's name. All of the great grandchildren of John Thmpson & Mary Sunley will have a 3 didgit number.  You'll notice that there are three names to the right of Joseph's, Raplh B, Richard, and John.  Thes are joseph's father, grandfather & great grandfather.  Click on Ralph B's name and you'll go to his Family (wife & children) Ralph's number is 18, all grandchildren of John will have a two didgit number. NExt to Ralph's name is Richard & John ( Ralph's father & grandfather) click on Richards name and you'll see his family. Richard's number is 5, all children of John's will be a single didgit number. Click on JOhn's name and you'll get to his family sheet.

The 2nd way--
click on this link again--->http://www3.telus.net/chignecto/thompson/index2.htm

You get a surname list of the decendants of John Thompson.  close to the top of the page is an alphabet;  click on "T."  You'll get a list of all people with a surname begining with "T" who are related to John Thompson.  Find Thompson and click on that.  From the Thompson surnames, find " Joseph Oxley b.1806 and click on that.  You'll go to Joseph's page. Again, you'll notice the number "103" next to his name.  From this point, follow the instructions I gave you above (for the 1st way), and you should get back to John Thompson.

Regards,
Big T

Cathy McTavish:
Nice job!!!   I will have to take a closer look at this and get it added to our database!

Graham, you have made the leap to Scotland, do you know how lucky you are!
Cathy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version