General Category > NEW MEMBERS! Introduce yourselves here!

A Thompson of many kinds

<< < (3/3)

Michael Thompson:
Remember, in the Celtic knot there is no beginning and no end. We are all in it together, brothers and sisters.

A. Thompson:
True.  :)

Booner:
Hi Aiden,

And welcome to the family.
Get to work on that family tree as soonas you can. Any of us here woill be happy to help you, and Welcome, I hope you'll feel that you've found a home

Booner

A. Thompson:
Trying.  Difficult communicating with family all over US though LOL

Most of my information comes from my aunt and grandmother who has researched a lot of this long before I have been and who have had interest in this more than my grandfather who's name we got Thompson from lol.  I've just been trying to continue it and been getting involved with the Clan.  :)

All I have so far is going back to the grandparents, plus some surnames of their family but not the first names.  Missing birth and death records as well.  Tried using Ancestory.com some but I don't have enough money at moment to pay for the ability to view any of the search results.

Michael Thompson:
Aiden,

I used to have a subscription to Ancestry too, but it got way too expensive for what I was getting. However, I've recently discovered that my public library has subscriptions to some of those databases that cost so much. Mine has a subscription to Heritage Quest, which includes a searchable census database. It has proven very useful. If you find the names and approximate birthdates of a couple of ancestors, you can request a marriage certificate or a birth certificate from the proper authorities, which will then have additional information, such as parents' names and such, from which you can trace the next generation. It's painstaking, but often works.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version