General Category > NEW MEMBERS! Introduce yourselves here!

A Thompson of many kinds

<< < (2/3) > >>

Michael Thompson:

--- Quote from: A. Thompson on September 11, 2008, 11:24:41 PM ---It is believed that the Thompsons in our family came from possibly the lowlands but one story says they migrated to England before coming to America and one says they spent time in Ireland.  It's confusing and difficult to trace.  But anyways, hoping you guys don't mind me least being here even if my family can't be.  I find myself attracted to the thought of the Thom(p)son clan rising among the clans.  Coming unburied from history.
--- End quote ---

Greetings Aiden, and welcome!

You'll find lots of company here with a family history like that. I'm Scottish, Irish, English, and Welsh from all accounts. At one point I was told our Thompson ancestors came from Yorkshire, but later that became in doubt and I'm still trying to locate them in the "old country." When I met Tom last weekend, he told me that many Thompsons originated in the Lowlands, especially the borders. Lots of them came to Ulster and later to America, while others migrated through England first. It can be quite difficult to trace things that far back. But we're all Thompsons one way or another.

I just joined this past week myself, and I'm equally excited to see a real Thompson clan come to life. Don't forget to go to http://clanthompson.org/app.html and join the Clan Thompson Society if you haven't already done so. Glad to meet you!

Michael

A. Thompson:
Egh...  I may have to wait till beginning of October to join there, or least hope I have enough by next friday.  Short on cash at moment.  What's the payment methods?

Edit:  Did it anyways, hope doesn't hurt me to bad lol

Thomas Thompson:
Welcome Aiden
   We are all mutts of some sort. The celtic knot is a Scottish family tree.
 The important thing is that by claiming "Tom's " as a root we are establishing ourselves as a family - no matter how distant the relationship.
You are now a part of my family and I think of you as such and am interested in in all that concerns you.
Tom

Barbara:
Hello Aiden and welcome, I like what Tom said "the Celtic Knot is a Scottish family tree."  How true!  :D

Barbara

A. Thompson:
So it seems :)   Now if only knew for sure where in the knot am lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version