General Category > NEW MEMBERS! Introduce yourselves here!

S. AFRICA

<< < (2/2)

Paula Cash Womack:
How about a simple invitation emailed to the various caledonian societies worldwide letting them know that we have organized Clan Thompson Society International and would they be interested in participating.   No history needed, just that we are corresponding with Lord Lyon for recognition as a representative Society. 

I think there is a listing of worldwide St. Andrews' Societies and Caledonian on the web somewhere.  Could be a start.

Paula

MACTAVISH:
WELL THE RESPONSE SEEMS POSITIVE, SO, WHAT NOW? I SUGGEST THAT SOMEONE WITH SPARE TIME FINDS WEBSITES FOR CALEDONIAN SOCIETIES IN S.AFRICA AND THE ANTIPIDES.THERE MAY BE LISTS OF SOCIETY MAGAZINES TOO YOU CAN APPROACH. THEN YOU CONTACT THEM VIA E MAIL AND SEND WEE ARTICLES TO MAGS..NEED SOMEONE ARTICULATE(BABS?)
THERE USED TO BE A WORLD WIDE MAG CALLED 'SCOTTISH MEMOIRS'....IF YOU FIND MAGS LIKE THAT AND SEND A WEE ARTICLE OR LETTER- YOU ONLY NEED TO CONCOCT 1 LETTER AND SEND IT TO MANY PLACES.THESE PEOPLE WANT UNSOLICITED CONTACTS, IT WILL BENIFIT THE CLAN GREATLY.I WOULD HELP MYSELF BUT ITS NOT MY PLACE AND IM EXTREMELY BUSY AS YOU KNOW.......CHASING AWOLs AND FIGHTING OFF LEATHER CLAD BIKER'S WIVES....

MACTAVISH:
HERES THE ONE I MEAN, THERE MUST BE DOZENS MORE..........
http://www.scottish-memories.co.uk/

its published in gb but has much interest abroad.....there must be equialent magazines in other places?

Mary:
Whew!  Did you look at their advertising rates !  YOW!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version