Genealogy > Thom(p)son DNA Project

post your DNA

<< < (3/6) > >>

Cathy McTavish:
It does place in doubt the myth that MacTavish is Thompson and Thompson is MacTavish.................50-60 generations huh.........that would be about the time of Nero????   

Well thanks to all you Thompson's for adopting me anyway!

Cathy McTavish Thompson

Mary:

--- Quote ---Well thanks to all you Thompson's for adopting me anyway!

Cathy McTavish Thompson
--- End quote ---

Isn't it nice that there ARE times that you can pick your family???  And I love the new name extension.....can't say you don't fit now!!! 

Cousin Mary

Booner:
Sister Cathy

in just a quick check of my family history, my 50th great grandfather was Eochy ( or Eugenius) the king of Dalrieda, Ire. who lived between 309 & 439 or there abouts. That was about 400 years before the Irish settled in Scotland.

and my 34th g grandmother was Eadgifu -- the wife of one of the Angle kings of one of the English kingdoms. Eadgifu was her name as spoken in angle-ish.  Her name in English was Gadiva, as in Lady Gadiva, the lady who rode around naked.  Her husband wanted to raise the taxes of his subjects, and she begged him not to do so. so he said something to the effect to ride naked and he wouldn't raise the taxes..So she did... but she had long hair so no big deal, unless it got windy.

That story may be true.

And it may explain why I want to ride my motorcycle nakid.   it's a genetic thing 

I gotta get to bed

Booner

Barbara:
Cousin Booner you crack me up!!!  ;D

Barbara

Mary:
Hey Barbara ........and he's RIDING HIS MOTORCYCLE to Glasgow!!  Maybe we should get binoculars......???  What with his penchant and all........

Mary

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version