Genealogy > Thom(p)son DNA Project

DNA testing

<< < (3/4) > >>

A. Thompson:
I would like to get the testing done, but I unfortunately lack the Y gene needed and don't think am going to get much help from the only 2 living males in that part of the family.  Plus would have to cover the money issue

Thomas Thompson:
I got excited about the E Thompson descendants i.e. Nancy Pack until I checked and found that my connection was with a Nancy, Sarah, and Jane Park. Goes to show you have to be careful when you are researching.
   I came across a couple of interesting sites that might help find your ancestors.
   www.wellswooster.com  below the interesting UTube video is a link to Thompson.
   www.thompsonfamilies.org
   www.familytreedna.com/public/thompson/index.aspx?fixed_column=on
   www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/ndeschart/zoo/324.html
   http:lowestvoice.wordpress.com/tree~tree

E. Thompson:
Thomas B. Thompson,

James Thompson was your 5th great Grandfather. Do you know where your Thompson family originally came from Ireland, Scotland or England. We were all in the same group in Thompsonfamilies.org. I know mine came from somewhere in Ireland but that's where it starts to get cloudy. Any lead would be appreciated.  Ed Thompson   EThompson365@aol.com

A. Thompson:
Is there a list of common ancestors I can send to a family member to see if any match up to names she has found in her more endepth search of the family history (she's gotten further than I have but I don't know what she found)

Thomas B. Thompson:
Ed Thompson,

The only info I have on James Thompson is his birth year and death year. My checking has him dead in Nov. 1814 in Bumcumbe County,
North Carolina. The next thing I want to check is:

Dept.of Archives and History, Raliegh, N.C.
          WPA Cementery Index
                 FHL 882944-66
                 Computer # 244033
         Don't know what the heck all those numbers mean
         But thought I could find out who James' parents might be.
         tomb0048@aol.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version