Genealogy > Thom(p)son DNA Project

New member hello to the Clan

(1/3) > >>

Kenton Thompson:
Hello everyone.  My name is Kenton Thompson and I'm a new member.  I met Duke Thompson at the Central Florida Games last weekend and was pleasantly surprised to find out about the Clan.  I live in the Orlando, FL area, but I was born in Springfield, MO as was my father, grandfather and great-grandfather.  I have gathered a lot of our geneology for other parts of my family tree, but don't have more than about 5 generations back on the Thompson's, so I'm hoping to find a connection or two from my fellow Clan members.  Like many of you, I have a mixed bag of ancestors, Scottish, Irish, English, Dutch, German.  We attend the games in Orlando every year and enjoy exploring our heritage.  My kids (24, 21, and 14 years old) look forward to the games every year and proudly wear their kilts as an emblem of a little part of who they are.  Unfortunately, my wife isn't quite so enthusiastic even though she shares the same ancestry.  Between the two of use we're related to at least 7 different Clans.

I look forward to getting to know some of you in the future.

All the best,
Kenton

Sis Thompson's oldest:
Welcome Kenton!

My Thompsons are from the Indiana - North Carolina states, from what I can determine. But as the saying goes, "We're a' Jock Tamson's Bairns".

Welcome to the fray!
Sherry

Michael Thompson:
Welcome Kenton, and all your family. We're so glad to meet new clan members.

Mary:
Hi Kenton and Family!

Sorry I'm late getting on to welcome you!  I hope you plan on sending your genealogy info on to Cathy at mctavish@zimbrick.com .....she'll help you look the those pesky missing relatives and add your data to our own clan database that's hosted at Rootsweb.  We have had families connect through the forum, so don't think it can't happen!

Have you thought about doing DNA testing?  We've discovered that 5 or 6 of our members are more than just family by name........they are blood-related back to the border area of Scotland! If you're thinking about testing and have any questions, why not drop Tom and note and he'll call you......

Glad you made it to the game and found Duke, Fred, Babs and Taylor......the more the merrier!

We'll be looking for more posts!
Mary

Kenton Thompson:
Thanks for welcome one and all...

Mary, I have considered DNA testing.  I've seen info on this and it looks interesting, but I'm a little undecided about what type to do, since you can do a fairly simple screening that only tests a small number of variables or the more extensive test that would provide more infomation (but of course is more expensive).  It would be interesting to see the results though, so I'm sure I'll break down and do it sometime.

Kenton

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version