General Category > NEW MEMBERS! Introduce yourselves here!

A Thompson from Virginia

(1/3) > >>

jeremy.thompson:
Wanted to say hey to everyone. I hope to find out a lot about the Thom(p)sons from you guys. I'm really excited to see how close my family can be traced back. I still need to get some names from my grandmother, but can't wait to see where it leads me. If anyone in VA has some info on us in Virginia I'd love to see if we might be related in some way. I'm from Staunton, Virginia originally. My dad is Donald Thompson and his father is Glen Thompson. I don't know anything further back as of yet. I've had a love of Scotland since I was in my teens, now 38. Last year or so I've immersed my self in some Scottish sites to further continue my love. Can't wait to chat it up with some of you!!

-Jeremy

Stirling Thompson:
Jeremy,

Welcome to the madhouse! There's lots of info already posted here that you might want to look over, especially the posts that relate to Thompson genealogy books available on the web for free at Google Books and the Internet Archive. Also, be sure to get your family info to our Clan Genealogist if you're a paid member of the Clan Thompson Society she will help you as much as she can as she has access to all our family trees.

Stu

Mary:
Hi Jeremy!

Gee....we need to get you really involved and convert you to a commissioner for Virginia!  There are at least 3 nice games there....!

Welcome to the family...we have all kinds of topics here with a mind-boggling amount of info (and Stu's jokes!). Feel free to ask any questions - we aren't shy, but you're liable to get more answers than you bargained for!

Our Thompsons aren't VA.......so can't help you there. What are your mother's and grandmother's names? There are a SLEW of Donalds and Glens!
A woman's name (plus maiden name if you know) can help.

jeremy.thompson:
Thanks for the welcome. I'll try to get more info on grandparents soon.

jeremy.thompson:
Other than names, where do I start? Is there a place that's best to go? I'm a big noob to the genealogy thing. Was looking on here for some guidance, is there a post that lays it all out?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version