Genealogy > DNA Tests/Markers

Thompson Family Tree data:

<< < (3/4) > >>

uneven:
Thanks for posting burgandyrose

Mary:
Thanks for the addition to the databases, BurgundyRose.................

If we could get more people involved, just THINK of the connections we might find!

uneven:
Along with the STRs that people could match. I should post that I've recently gotten my SNP testing done and I am R1b-U106 or R1b1a2a1a1a* (at FTDNA) which means I'm somewhere further down than U106 but their not sure where.

Michael Thompson:
OK, so I finally sprung for my DNA test. I thought there was a database where we could upload our results and compare with other Thom(p)sons, but I don't see the link here where I expected it. My results are a really big text file, much bigger than the ones posted here, so I'm not sure what to do.

Mary:
Hi Michael -

I'm not sure what you mean by a big text file.....Actually, there are several Thompson projects..........some are discontinued but still have data available. When you have your Family Tree DNA and kit #, you can go to ysearch.org
Set up an account so you can make it easier to see those who might have some matches with you....or, you can just SEARCH BY LAST NAME,  THOMPSON, go through the spam validation, then click the number you see under "Pedigree."     Additionally, you can search for a possible match by doing the SEARCH BY HAPLOGROUP and selecting your haplogroup. If you see entries under Pedigree, you will be able to open an ancestry tree.  You can click on the users under User ID and see their entire Haplogroup.  If you register with ysearch, they will notify you of possible matches that come in :)

Thompson projects:  The Family Tree DNA project is here   https://www.familytreedna.com/groups/thompson/dna-results
Click on the entries under Y-DNA for various views. 

You might want to scroll through some of the sites here just for fun too...... http://www.genealogytoday.com/surname/finder.mv?Surname=THOMPSON

You can probably find others by doing an internet search.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version