General Category > NEW MEMBERS! Introduce yourselves here!

greetings all from north central Pa. got my packet yesterday

(1/3) > >>

steve:
 came upon the clan Thompson site some time ago and finally decided to join. I hooked up with the Thompson D N A project a couple of years ago and did my D N A test {37 marker} while my son and I were tracing our family tree but no luck so far.  we managed to get back to 1841 and discovered that my GG grand father was an illegitment birth but we did find the court document for when the mother took the father to court for payment so we do have the father and mothers name but no info of him or her before that. there are 2 large Thompson familys in central Pa. with books on their historys but no one is going to put that info in print. so I too am up against the wall.....

Barbara:
Hello Steve, hope you break through that brick wall soon.  :D 

In Clanship
Barbara

steve:
Hello Barbara, thanks but I think that wall is going to be a tough nut to crack................. :(

glad to be a member of the Clan

steve

Barbara:
We're so glad to have another family member Steve.  I know how hard it is to break through that brick wall, but once you do how happy and enthralled you will be.  Have you asked Mary Thompson for help?  She has the means to help us now if our Clan genealogist is up to her eyeballs with researching.   :D

In Clanship
Barbara

steve:
yes I sent Mary some info such as names and dates of births and deaths and my GGGrandfathers obits  and wives info from my father on back to my GGGrandfather hopefully it will help some also I sent a copy of the court document about the mother taking the father to court for payment for my GGGrandfathers birth that also had their names. It said that Robert Thompson was the father and he was fined around 300.00 dollars and William Thompson was bonded for the payment if Robert failed. the mother was Catherine Eagler and I found no info on her.

steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version