General Category > NEW MEMBERS! Introduce yourselves here!

greetings all from north central Pa. got my packet yesterday

<< < (2/3) > >>

Barbara:
Do you know if William was a father or brother to Robert?

Barb

steve:
no, that is what we are trying to confirm though I'm more prone to think brother but who knows

cheryllwith2ls:
Just saying hello! And welcome!  :)

I noticed you said there were 2 large Thompson families with books on their history....have you tried the local library in that area? Maybe they could help you? Or at least point you in a direction. Or the local churches. They usually have records you can access, sometimes for a small fee...

Good luck!
Glad you're here!

Cheryll Thompson

steve:
Thank you Cheryll, my son and I had been to the historical societys in the areas with the exception of one which we will get to and luckly these are all within an hour and a half maybe 2 from where I live. Also when we were at these places it was early on in our research and we know a little more in what to do now but any help is always welcome, we don't turn down any advice.

thanks
Steve

cheryllwith2ls:
Hi Steve! How ya doin' over there?  8)

Hey....can you send the names and dates of your family that you do have? I was looking on your posts and only found Robert Thompson 1841.
The more info the better. I also noticed that you said you had the DNA test done. 37 markers. I do know that the MORE markers you get, the better the results. Of course it's more expensive but it's something to think about further down the road.

Look forward in hearing from you!

-Cheryll

P.S. If Mary found info for you, I'd LOVE to hear about it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version