General Category > NEW MEMBERS! Introduce yourselves here!

Haha...

<< < (2/5) > >>

Stirling Thompson:
Jimmie's wee lassie!
Hope we haven't been to harsh with you and that we haven't given the impression that you're unwelcome or we're not interested in things you have to say. Actually, we're happy to have you here and I look forward to hearing more from you. It's just that as a father and grandfather, I worry about what the kids are doing and I'm sure your folks are the same way. Anyway, enough lectures. I want to compliment you on your writing skills. I have done some teaching and seen first hand the quality of written work by 13 year olds, or lack thereof. You seem to have an excellent grasp of spelling, punctuation and grammar that far exceeds your years. It's refreshing to see especially in the normally abbreviated world of internet postings. Keep up the good work!

Michael Thompson:
Yeah, Jimmie's daughter, get your own account and wow our socks off with your knowledge of Scottish history and such. It's great to have some younger people on here, besides all us old fogies.

You asked about interesting stories. There's quite a bit of that in the Borderers section. A lot of our ancestors lived on the border between England and Scotland, but it was wild country and they didn't really care who they raided. It was a lot like Ireland before the English put in all the Lords and Ladies and stuff. Each family would ally with the families they liked and raid the ones they didn't like, and carry away their cattle and horses and women and such. Now they just drink tea and complain about them. :-)

Ceud mìle fàilte

Stirling Thompson:
Jimmie, have you grounded the poor girl for the whole Guidance Office thing? I was looking forward to chatting with her!

arlin payne:
Hello Jimmies lass and welcome.
I'll not be a scoldin' ya none for maybe doin' some thing wrong since I claim
an old man's right to be contrary. Besides  this brings back a few memories
of other lassies doing things as they were groing up. My daughter,two grand
daughters and now a great grand daughter. Always into some thing they
shouldn't have been.
Yes I am of Thompson blood and more but that is another story.
Arlin

Jimmie:
A). I take a high school class (I'm in middle school), and so I have to spend about 45 minutes in the Guidance Office after I return to the middle school since the schedules aren't congruent.
B). I would have NO idea if Seventeen was still in print considering I don't bother with that sort of thing. I'm more into Shakespeare. I believe that Seventeen still runs, though.
C). My father was not aware of my posting but he's ok with it.
D). The only reason I would post on this website was to ask or inform about my clan. If I wanted to discuss popular culture then I would post on youtube or facebook or something.
E). My name is Katey. :)
F). I've got to go to play rehearsal. The stage awaits! Goodbye!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version