General Category > Heraldry

Boars head crest

(1/3) > >>

Danny Thompson:
I was just reading in my book on Scottish tartans and found the boars head is the Campbells crest badge..i was also surfin the net and
looked on the mctavish web site...this also contained the boars head as a crest.
there was a Thompson crest on one of the sites i found, interesting erhh?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thomas Thompson:
Danny
  I am interested in the Thomson Crest you found. I don't remember ever seeing it before. If you have the time could you do more research on the history and the family that achieved the recognition?
Tom

Scott Thomson:
I believe that crest badge is taken from the arms of James Thomson of Wester Bogie the motto means "I Conquer By Patience"

Scott.

Danny Thompson:
take a look http://www.rowandisplays.com/acatalog/Thompson-Scottish-Clan.html
the design was one that this site uses for a shield for the Thompson clan.

Mary:
The argent and azure on the wreath would be correct for a Thom(p)son crest (wreath, I believe?)..... but I've never seen the rest of the design elsewhere. The most common was the stag ...with various color variations, but a stag. What is the green?? Something from his land, possibly? I haven't a clue.

Scott --- can you explain your arms? Yours incorporate the stag and a lion? Educate us, please!

Also, how long did it take you to get your arms from the time you submitted the application and genealogy info?

Thanks!
Mary

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version