General Category > Heraldry

The Eight Armigers

<< < (2/2)

Forum_mgr:
Mary,

I hope Parker has found and replied to your information. Send me a PM and let me know where you found the names.

Thanks,

F.M.

Parker Thomson:
Saw mary's post.  Thanks.

Parker Thomson:
Mary's post from :"Origins"/ "The Thomson Name":

Not all of the entries in the Public Register of All Arms and Bearings in Scotland are dated. I am assuming those that are not are the ones prior to 1672 and were added en-masse.  Here are at least SOME of them:

Arg. a stag's head cabossed ppr., on a chief wavy gu. a crescent between two mullets of the field. THOMSON OF FAIRLIEHOPE

Arg. a stag's head cabossed ppr., attired with ten tynes gu., in chief three cross crosslets fitchee sa.  JAMES THOMSON, Clerk of Exchequer

Arg. a stag's head cabossed ppr., on a chief wavy gu. a lozenge between two mullets of the first. ANDREW THOMSON, advocate, Aberdeen.

Arg. a stag's head cabossed ppr., attired gu., on a chief az. a cross crosslet between two crescents of the first. ROBERT THOMPSON, woollen draper, London

Arg. a stag's head cabossed ppr., on a chief invected gu. a mullet between two crescents of the first. DAVID THOMSON, portioneer of Kettle.

Arg. a stag's head cabossed ppr., on a chief engrailed gu. a mullet between two crescents of the first. JAMES THOMSON, merchant, Kirkcaldy

Parted per pale arg. and gu. a stag's head cabossed and attired with ten tynes counter-changed, on a chief az. a cross crosslet fitchee or between a spur-revel and a crescent of the first. THOMSON OF FAUCHFIELD

Parted per pale arg. and gu. a stag's head cabossed and attired with ten tynes counter-changed, on a chief az. a cross crosslet fitchee or between two spur revels of the first. THOMSON OF MAINS

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version