Author Topic: AGM  (Read 34912 times)

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
    • Thompson Family Web Site
Re: AGM - Mark your calendars!
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2009, 10:16:12 PM »
Michael,
I need to write a letter to all the contacts we made in ESTES, and to my regret, I have not done so,  In order to get some help to run the tent. I know I can count on you, but the event lasts 4 days and if it's just the two of us, we'll be worn out, and that'll take the fun out of the whole thing.  Plus, with more help, you get to enjoy the gathering, not just work the table
--What are your ideas about Highlands Ranch?

If you've got e-mail addresses or something, I'd be glad to help start recruiting. I've got a contact or two I can work on as well.

Highlands Ranch is similar to Estes but smaller. Still good to have a booth. I think they're only two days, but it's a great festival. Well worth our trouble if we can get a few people to help in the booth. Elizabeth Celtic Festival is great too. Our band usually plays there, but I could help out in between.
The Reivers Ride Again!

Booner

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2009, 01:39:35 PM »
For the AGM----
 Does anyone know the campsite they reserved  (the lot number) ?

I need to call & reserve a site and would like to camp close to the "family"

Booner

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2009, 04:58:32 PM »
Hi Booner -

Tom and I are in 92......John and Barbara, Heidi and Allan are right up there too.  It's on the hill on the left as you drive into the campground. Go to the bath house/dump station and turn left up into the sites along the brow of the hill. I don't know why you can't camp on one of our sites like you did before....?

Booner

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2009, 08:30:01 AM »
Mary, i plan on camping next to you guys, I know you'd enjoy the company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But If'n i had the choice when I make my selection of open campsites, I wanted to know where you all were.

Booner

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2009, 08:49:01 AM »
Oh, and I should be able to make it to the AGM even _IF_ I don't get re-hired.  I have a part-time job now-painting at my condo  ($20.00 hour!!!).  (this is why I didn't run for another term on the board- so I could work there (and get paid for it !)

Actually, I got the job for my son (aka, The Fruit of my Loins) but I get the feeling that i may have to apply the parental boot to the seat of his pants to get him to start by 0800 everyday.. I love this kid more than life itself, but SOMEDAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TEENAGERS!!!!!!

(I'm sure my father NEVER felt this way about me)!

Booner

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2009, 04:31:44 PM »
Mary, i plan on camping next to you guys, I know you'd enjoy the company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"We'll leave the light on............." Of COURSE we want you up there next to us! I've started shopping and getting the 'vittles' figured out. I don't think you necessarily want to be cooking outdoors as well as sleeping out there!

Are you going to be able to come to TN for a day or so before we go to the games? I don't know how fast and far you can push your butt on that bike!

Paula Cash Womack

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2009, 06:32:22 AM »
Mary--
Just to get a heads up, (and a Sam's list together) what do we need to bring for the get-together
Saturday night?  And about how many are planning to have?

Paula

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2009, 08:01:29 AM »
Hi Paula -

This year, everyone's on their own for meals. Trying to organize and find foods everyone likes/can eat is a pain......so this year, eat on your own. I think if we had some desserts/snacks for before/after the meeting to sit and visit would be great. So.....cake, chips, cookies...stuff like that.  Ideas? We'll probably have cold drinks in a cooler available.......

Booner

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2009, 11:09:20 AM »
I have a job!

I'm looking forward to seeing the family at the AGM

Booner

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2009, 03:10:05 PM »
WOO HOO!!!

Knew they couldn't lay off a nice boy like you.............now,  get out of having to work the day after Memorial Day so you can come early!

Mary

Booner

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2009, 09:57:20 AM »
So last week, before I knew if I would keep my job--I took a part-time job for my son & myself to do some much need painting around our condo. ($20/hr--i'm not turning that down)

So now i'm busier than ever---but very much employed--so no complaints from me.

May not be posting very much for awhile.

--and I on the way to ky I have to stop at my mom's--- the recent storm have taken off some shingles on her house and I have to be the good son and replace them. So I think I'll leave on tues but don't know how long it will take me at my mom's (central Missouri--Boonvile)

Booner

Cathy McTavish

• Core
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2009, 04:19:38 AM »
I just want to let you know, that I regret Bryan and I will not be attending this weekend's AGM.  Bryan was just diagnosed with Stomach cancer.........and the outlook is not promising.  We are headed to the Mayo clinic for an appointment tomorrow morning at 7:00am, please pray for us.  We have a saying in my family, that we never let the big ones get away, and that is how we feel about Bryan, we are not going to let him get away.

Love to all of you!
Cathy

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2009, 04:26:17 AM »
Cathy,

Mayo Clinic is one of the best but we'll still keep you and Bryan in our prayers. I imagine you'll be very busy for awhile but try stay positive and keep us posted.

Stu
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2009, 07:07:07 AM »
Cathy and I talked about this on the phone, so I won't post all that here ---- our prayers are with you both.

Mary and Tom

Beverly Kohn(Thompson)

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2009, 07:59:34 AM »
   Cathy and Bryan, I just wanted to tell you how sorry I was to hear about Bryans' prognosis and that you are in our prayers. We will start a prayer chain here in Kentucky and with Gods help and positive thinking all things can and will be done! Stay strong and positive the way this family has always done!
   May the best you've seen be the worst you will ever see!!
   Yours in family and spirit!   Bev