Author Topic: Is anyone out there?  (Read 22533 times)

Stirling Thompson

Re: Is anyone out there?
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2015, 10:31:23 AM »
I guess we're back to this again! It's been 9 days since the last post here and I really have to wonder if anyone is out there. Hopefully things will improve once the games season gets underway.
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Thomas Thompson

• Deny Us Not!
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 05:39:51 PM »
HOORAW

TAX day has come and gone.....
    Spring has put on new flowers and I am ready for the summer games.
   If I had my druthers I would like to shake hands with each and every one of our members this summer.
Tom

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2015, 05:25:04 PM »
Hi Guys!

New members don't seem very interested in posting - to the point where we will be taking much of the forum and archiving it. Only PAID members would be able to access it - some topics would remain viewable by all, but with all the people I can see accessing it and the fact that none of them post or help support the research efforts, I just don't think that we need to continue giving them everything we've worked for years on for free. The board has approved it - it's just a matter of when I can get to which posts/topics will be which.

Most clans have really nothing like this - maybe they discovered that people are generally 'takers' but not 'givers' when it comes to the forums.

Mary

Donna

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2015, 12:39:25 AM »
I agree with you, Mary.

Donna
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Thomas B. Thompson

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2015, 01:39:33 AM »
To the 46 guest that access the forum today, thank you for checking in to see
what's going on. But please, how about some comments on some of the topics or adding something. If you're more comfortable  with face book, that's great too.
Would like to hear from you.

have a great summer,

Tom Thompson ( Indiana )

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2015, 07:04:42 PM »
Frustrating, isn't it?  Our new members seem too shy to post and the older members have carried the ball for years.

The forum will stay up whether anyone posts or not, but it is frustrating that we have so much good info but no one can take 30 seconds to comment or ask a question........

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2015, 07:10:08 AM »
Sometimes it seems like I'm talking to myself on here. But I will continue to post here because I just don't feel comfortable on facebook and I don't even have an account on twitter. The forum used to be such a great and fun place to share our research, thoughts and ideas and it is a genuine shame to see it fall to such a state as it's in right now. Maybe you're right and it is time for us to go members only but I don't know because even with the decreased usage it still lets people know we exist and helps get the word out about our Clan.
Stu

Donna

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2015, 05:06:40 AM »
Happy 4th of July everyone!
I will really try to post more often I promise but my eyes are getting pretty bad and
 Stu, don't worry about talking to yourself...I do it all the time!  ;D

Donna
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2015, 10:59:31 AM »
Thanks Donna. Its kind of like preaching to choir, the same folks always respond and its not them I have an issue with. Its the noobies... its hard to truly belong to something if you can't or won't be an active participant. If all you want to do is take and give back nothing in return then why even bother. I have always tried (especially since MacTavish left us) to step up and be as active as possible. Most people seem to like the jokes and poems I post. Those threads, along with music and games, are fairly easy to contribute too. With the games, you don't have to run a tent but if you attend a particular game or festival share you thoughts and reactions with the rest of the clan. Maybe we can all learn something.
Stu

cheryllwith2ls

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2015, 09:27:13 AM »
STILL HERE!!!!!!!!!!

:)

C'mon people! Hasn't anyone come across some interesting things to post??  :)    Here's one for ya.  Maybe some of you read about it in the paper...or saw it posted on our Facebook page.
I thought it was fantastic!

http://www.scotsusa.com/piping/us-astronaut-first-to-play-bagpipes-in-space/

The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or even heard. They must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller