Author Topic: Here is the familytree limb I need help with.....  (Read 7796 times)

Sis Thompson's oldest

• Sis Thompson at 16...
Here is the familytree limb I need help with.....
« on: October 30, 2009, 12:00:27 PM »
Greetings All,
Just joined this forum but have been reading the posts for the last week. There is some great stuff here!

I've been researching my family tree since August of this year with some success and of course some road blocks, particularly with the Thompson side. There are so many it takes time to sift through it all so I'm going to ask for help. My Mum is a Thompson her people are from the Lynn Indiana area since the mid 1800’s. Below you'll find her Father's line back to my GGG Grandfather Robert. Here is where the trail grows cold. There are couple Roberts out there that might be him but I can't confirm. I'm certain of the line up to him. SO if anybody out there recognizes any one here, please email me. And if there is any info I might have that you need I'll be happy to share. I have a tree on Ancestry.com (Marchand/Thompson) and it is public. Some data I have confirmed but not all so Caveat Emptor!
Mòran taing!
Sherry

Grandfather
Alva Monroe Thompson
B. 6/12/1887 in Randolph County, Indiana
D. 11/04/1969 in Lynn, Indiana
Married: Myrtle Adonna Cox on 3/04/1909 in Randolph County, Indiana. Her line goes back to the mid 1800’s in Ireland and Scotland.

Great Grandfather
Benjamin Franklin Thompson
B. 9/25/1852 Randolph County, Indiana
D.2/07/1925 Lynn, Indiana
Married: Elizabeth Abshire no marriage dates available (yet). Her line goes back to the 1690’s in Virginia. Benjamin may have had a second wife.

Great Great Grandfather
Ephriam B Thompson
B. 1825 Washington, Randolph, Indiana
D. 10/15/1864 Florence, South Carolina
Married: Matilda L Hunt on 1/23/1852in Randolph County, Indiana. Her line goes back to the 1630’s in Stratford Upon Avon, Warwickshire, England

Great Great Great Grandfather
Robert Thompson
B. btwn 1760 & 1799 possibly North Carolina
D. btwn 1848 & 1850 in Crete, Indiana
Married: Nancy Bowen on 4/20/1820 in Randolph County Indiana Her line goes back to the 1790’s in Chester PA. Robert may have had another wife prior to Nancy. Nancy also remarried a Hugh Stephenson after Robert died.
The bad news? There is no key to the universe. The good news? It was never locked.

Cathy McTavish

• Core
Re: Here is the familytree limb I need help with.....
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 11:59:05 AM »
I will add the information to our data base and see if I can find anything out for you!

Cathy

Sis Thompson's oldest

• Sis Thompson at 16...
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 12:12:42 PM »
Cathy,
That would lovely, THANK YOU!
In the meantime I'll keep digging. Something is bound to turn up.
Mòran taing!
Sherry
The bad news? There is no key to the universe. The good news? It was never locked.

Cathy McTavish

• Core
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 11:26:56 AM »
I am finally getting back to all of this.  Is there any way that you can e-mail me your family tree, starting with yourself, up to your 3rd-greatgrandfather?    Including all siblings?

Let me know if this is possible.
Cathy

Sis Thompson's oldest

• Sis Thompson at 16...
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 01:49:48 PM »
Cathy,
I've been doing some searching myself and have found several Robert Thompsons that were in the general area (say 30 miles) of where my Robert was living. So close but yet not the right one! ARRRGHH!

I'll keep trying.
Cheers,
Sherry