Author Topic: New Tattoo  (Read 12787 times)

Scott Thomson

New Tattoo
« on: May 17, 2011, 07:41:26 PM »
Hello all,

I haven't posted in a while as I've been having internet problems, but I thought I'd let you see my latest tattoo.

As an armiger I decided to get my crest badge tattooed on the inside of my left forearm, the crest itself is slightly stylised as it's not really feasible to tattoo tartan.

I have to say I'm very happy with it.  :)

Scott Thomson

Parker Thomson

• Denego Nos Non!
Re: New Tattoo
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 10:17:51 PM »
Looks pretty cool.  I'm to old to get one.  :'( :'(
DENY US NOT

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 07:01:43 AM »
VERY nice! And a good spot to show it - I mean WHY do people tattoo their butts???  :o

Like Parker, I'm too old - at the rate I'm sagging and bagging, goodness knows what it would end up looking like!

Enjoy!

Sis Thompson's oldest

• Sis Thompson at 16...
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 01:38:56 PM »
Scott,
Schweet Tattoo!
The "needle man" did a very nice job.
Sherry
The bad news? There is no key to the universe. The good news? It was never locked.

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
    • Thompson Family Web Site
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 06:38:05 PM »
Cool tattoo Scott! Although difficult, I think it is actually possible to tattoo tartan. It takes someone quite skilled with shading and color, and not all artists can do it. There's a lady in Santa Barbara California, who specializes in Celtic tattooing, named Pat Fish. I haven't seen anything in her portfolio that's actually tartan, but she's done things complex enough that I would imagine she can do tartan.

I'm not saying this because I think you should change yours, it's already magnificent. But for anybody considering a complex tattoo, I would recommend they visit Pat's site and read the information she gives about how to select an artist who can really do this kind of thing right.

Good on ya for such a great piece of art. And I agree with Mary, tattoos should be something you're proud of. I went along with my mom and dad once because they wanted to get tattoos, and decided I'd join them. I was going to get it on my shoulder, but my dad said, "Nobody will see it there, let's get them on our forearms!"
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 09:08:22 PM by Michael Thompson »
The Reivers Ride Again!

Scott Thomson

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 12:52:47 PM »
Hi Michael,

Yeah I'm pretty sure I've seen tartan tattooed before, but I think in this case it was more to do with the size of the area covered, the only part of my crest that has tartan is the sleeve of the arm, and that area just wasn't big enough to do the hunting Thomson sett justice.

:) Scott

Parker Thomson

• Denego Nos Non!
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2016, 01:15:43 PM »
DENY US NOT