Author Topic: Graham's getting married!!!  (Read 17173 times)

Booner

Graham's getting married!!!
« on: March 05, 2008, 11:01:07 PM »
It has come to my understanding that are very own Graham, our beloved member from the Great White North, has decided to take the plunge and get married.

Graham, I wish you the best and hope your marriage sets new records for happiness.

Booner
aka Big T

Nathan Thompson

Re: Graham's getting married!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 09:36:59 PM »
Congrats, Graham! I'll have to buck up soon and follow suit.

Going with a Scottish theme?

Nathan

Graham Thompson

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 02:14:58 PM »
Thanks everyone. Were not doing a full scottish wedding. I wanted a kilt, but she finencee said no, because I dont follow the full scottish way. I do see her point but I still want one. We might have a few celtic items. I think were gonna get matching celtic tattoos and im trying to go for celtic invatation. Which im pretty sure im gonna get. But I will be drink like a Scot at both my wedding and social. But were going to be getting married on October 3rd, 2009 and our social will be on April 10th, 2009. Good friday in Canada. It would be fun if my long lost family came to my social. Because im pretty sure only a few if not none have ever experienced a social.
Guess what!? I'm here to spread my words of wisdom also. Everybody fear them!!! Hahaha

Graham Thompson

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 12:53:47 PM »
Well it is confirmed that my social will be on April 10th, 2009. So if anyone is interested in coming let me know and ill send you tickets
Guess what!? I'm here to spread my words of wisdom also. Everybody fear them!!! Hahaha

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 07:13:18 AM »
Hey!!!

You're getting married on my birthday!!!   At my age, maybe that grants you long life as well as a long marriage!!!

Even if we can't be there, we'll sure to be celebrating along with you!

Graham Thompson

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 02:52:05 PM »
Really thats cool. Ill have a drink on you if you cant make it

Graham Thompson

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 03:11:57 PM »
So is anyone considering comming to my wedding social?

Barbara

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 03:51:14 PM »
I wish I could Graham, but I'll be with you in spirit.  Have fun!

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Cathy McTavish

• Core
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 05:30:44 AM »
When is your wedding again Graham??   I can try!
Cathy

Graham Thompson

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 02:48:49 PM »
The social is April 10th.

Graham Thompson

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2008, 07:39:26 PM »
Has anyone hear the song Black Bear? Were trying to find a song for our friend to pipe us out of the ceremony and into the reception with. She suggested Black Bear. Any other suggestions

MACTAVISH

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 04:42:01 AM »
THE BLACK BEAR IS THE BLACK WATCH MARCH THAT SIGNIFIES 'AWAE HAME' ( 'RETURN TO BARRACKS'), NOT REALLY A WEDDING TUNE. TRADITION HERE IN SCOTLAND; PIPED TO RECEPTION WITH 'MAARI'S WEDDING' OR 'I LOVE A LASSIE'. JACOBITE FAMILIES= IE THE THOMPSONS- TEND TO HAVE 'THE SKYE BOAT SONG' AT SOME JUNCTURE.HOPE THAT HELPS.

Jon Heller

• Lochiel Emerald Society Pipes and Drums
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008, 05:48:25 AM »
Black Bear can be played pretty upbeat -- definitely not traditional but not a bad choice musically!

Personally I like Murdo's Wedding or Mari's Wedding (I can't find an audio of them on the web....) as a recessional, but many people request Scotland the Brave and that ends up being my "usual".
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 04:46:19 AM by Piper McHaggis »

Graham Thompson

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2008, 03:39:58 PM »
Alright thanks, our friend says she likes playing that song. I dont know if she knows the meaning of Black Bear. Ill talk to my financee and see