Author Topic: Long's Peak Highland Festival, Estes Park Colorado  (Read 24338 times)

Barbara

Re: Long's Peak Highland Festival, Estes Park Colorado
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 08:24:48 PM »
Hey Booner, loved your report of the Estes Park Games, wish we could have been there, maybe next year.  YOU DIDN'T GET A LOCK OF JAMESIE'S HAIR FOR ME!  >:(   I understand, you were too busy with a love sick elk.  ;D  You look great in your new kilt, should have entered the Bonniest Knees contest, bet you would have won.    ;)   Glad Harold was there to christen it, that's very important, everyone needs their kilt christened.  Sounds like you all were busy as a one armed paper hanger (no offence to one armed paper hangers).  It's great to see so many Thompsons finding their true home. 

I miss the brisk air out there but don't miss the deep snows.  We had a herd of about 200 elk winter in the valley across the road from our log house when we lived in the San Juan mountains, but no cow elk fell in love with John, guess it was the lack of a kilt.   ;D

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Booner

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2008, 10:59:13 PM »
Barbara,

I'm sorry I couldn't come through for you, but I did get their "live" albulm on CD.--for you-- but I had to listen to it. It's yours if you dont' have it. Let me know

Booner

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2008, 10:55:54 AM »
but no cow elk fell in love with John, guess it was the lack of a kilt. 

It's never too late!  ;D

Barbara

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2008, 02:42:49 PM »
Barbara,

I'm sorry I couldn't come through for you, but I did get their "live" albulm on CD.--for you-- but I had to listen to it. It's yours if you dont' have it. Let me know

Booner

Hey Booner, you're forgiven because you offered me their new CD, which I don't have.  ;D  I'll take it if you don't want it,  can't understand why you don't want it.   ::)  I'll send you my address by email and you let me know how much you want for it plus postage.  :D

Barb
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Barbara

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2008, 02:46:19 PM »
but no cow elk fell in love with John, guess it was the lack of a kilt. 

It's never too late!  ;D

Oh Mary, you know John.......my stubborn Taurus the bull.  Wish I could get him into a kilt, he looks so nice in a suit, I know he would look nice in a kilt.  ;)

Barb

Booner

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2008, 09:32:45 PM »
Barb---
Ya gotta git me your address so I can send you the CD.- you have my e-mail
--also, I was looking a a magazine y'day about highland games and there, in full color, a picture of your JAMESIE !!!!

Booner

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
    • Thompson Family Web Site
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2009, 09:03:52 PM »
I notice that Stu posted the cancellation of the 2009 New England Festival due to the economy. I checked our Estes Park Colorado Festival web site and they're still on, so let's get some organization going from our Colorado contingent. I don't know if Harold wants to come out and try to peek under my kilt again, but obviously anybody is welcome and sought after, from Colorado or not. Right Booner?

http://scotfest.com/
The Reivers Ride Again!

Thomas Thompson

• Deny Us Not!
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2009, 11:19:00 AM »
Booner and I have been planning for a continuing presence in CO.
  He will, no doubt, be in contact with all of you mountain men and asking for your assistance.
Tom