Author Topic: AUTHOR FOR ERNIE  (Read 9308 times)

MACTAVISH

AUTHOR FOR ERNIE
« on: September 17, 2008, 10:15:48 AM »
WE BOTH ENJOY IAIN RANKIN'S REBUS BOOKS - IVE FOUND ANOTHER AUTHOR I CAN'T GET ENUF OF=STUART MACBRIDE(JUST READ 'DYING LIGHT') HIS ANTI HERO IS DETECTIVE LOGAN MACRAE WHO HAS AS MANY PROBLEMS AS REBUS...........HES BASED IN ABERDEEN. HIGHLY RECCOMMENDED.....

Ernest Thompson

• Core
Re: AUTHOR FOR ERNIE
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 04:22:20 PM »
Thanks Mate,
I'm going to town this week so I'll do some searching.
By the way I met a young bloke the other day by the name of Scott McTavish and after I told him of the recent history regarding the Dunardry mob he informed me that his Dad was born in Duff. At least that's what I think he said. If you like I'll follow it up for you as he left me his mobile number.

Regards
Ernie

MACTAVISH

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 09:37:05 AM »
ERNIE; MACBRIDE ECLIPSES RANKIN! IVE JUST ORDERED ALL HIS BOOKS.

MACTAVISH

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 09:45:22 AM »
titles by macbride=
broken skin   sawbones  flesh house  dying light  cold granite   i read dying light, extremely graphic and a wee bit rude.............but edge of the chair stuff you go without sleep to finish. enjoy

Booner

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 05:38:37 PM »
My favorite authors,

Michael Connelly-crime writer.  I especially love his charator, Harry Bosch. I'll stay up all night readinghis books and call in sick so I can read all day.

Jeff Shaara, History--His father wrote the pulitzer-prize wiining book "The Killer Angles" about the battle of Gettysburg and his son is just as good, Jeff's current work is ona trilogy about the U.S. involement in WWIII'm waiting on the 3rd book.

Clive Cussler--adventure-- When I die I want to come back as Dirk Pitt.  I've read all the Dirk Pitt series and love the guy.  I suspect Clive is getting a little tired of writting and is doing collaborative works with others, so I'm not as thrilled with the new stuff.

Lee Child---crime writer stuff. And i like his charator "Jack Reacher" who's an ex military cop who's travelling around the country solving crimes.

Bernard Cornwell,-- Historical-- did a long series about Sharpe, an English orphaned pauper who who rose up in the ranks of the English army to become an officer, most of these books take place in the army of Wellington.   I've also read the trilogy about an English archer during the 30 years war, and another trilogy about a the history of 9th century England, Alfred the great an d all that stuff.

This is a partial list of the authors whom I like-to the point when their books come out, I don't wait for the soft-cover.

Regards,
Booner

Graham Thompson

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 04:35:33 PM »
My favorite author is by far, JRR Tolken. To me he captures my fantasies and a world I would love to live in. His book bring me back to better time when im down and makes me happier when im happy. He's the best in my eyes
Guess what!? I'm here to spread my words of wisdom also. Everybody fear them!!! Hahaha

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 09:08:17 AM »
Add Michael Crichton.......(one of his books was Timeline) ............ and Diana Gabaldon for her Scottish series.

Big T - you list looks like Tom's bookshelf!

Barbara

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 09:02:37 PM »
Clive Cussler--adventure-- When I die I want to come back as Dirk Pitt.  I've read all the Dirk Pitt series and love the guy.  I suspect Clive is getting a little tired of writing and is doing collaborative works with others, so I'm not as thrilled with the new stuff.

Did you know Dirk is based on Clive Cussler's son?  I've read all his books too, love em!  I'm like you in that I'm not as fond of his books written with other authors.  He's getting older and wants to spend more time with NUMA.  He's discovered several old ship wrecks and helped find and bring up the Confederate submarine The Hunley. Fascinating man.

Mary, I like Michael Crichton too and my favorite Diana Gabaldon. Robin Cook, read all of his, Dan Brown, James Patterson, Linda Howard, Lisa Scottoline,  I could go on and on, have loved reading since 1st grade.

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Booner

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 11:04:31 PM »
I know Dirk is also the name of his son, but, theres no comparison to the "real" Dirk Pitt.

Booner