Author Topic: A clan kilt  (Read 67041 times)

MACTAVISH

Re: A clan kilt
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2008, 11:42:27 PM »
THE ONES I HAVE OPEN ALL THE WAY ROUND,ALMOST 360 DEGREES. I HAVE MANY KILTS AND IVE TRIED MANY DEVICES..........THESE ARE WHAT IVE SETTLED ON, THEYRE EXCELLENT.
HOW AM I? VERY BUSY! NEARING EXHAUSTION. I SPENT 6 WEEKS IN THE FAUKLANDS IN THE 80s LIVING IN A HOLE I DUG IN THE FROZEN TUNDRA WRAPPED IN BIN BAGS EATING COLD ROUTINE AND PEEING IN BAGS....WATCHING THE ARGIES MOVE IN( BEFORE THE EVENT HIT THE NEWS)..............THAT WAS AN EASIER TIME THAN IM HAVING RIGHT NOW!!!!!1
trick or treat? Alex has caught the bug.but its not as big over here as on your side of the pond,keep smiling that pretty smile(it is mary im talking to i hope!)

Graham Thompson

« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2008, 10:23:29 AM »
Well my waist is 34" my butt is round (how the hell did i get an ass when neither of my parents have one) length: knee length
Guess what!? I'm here to spread my words of wisdom also. Everybody fear them!!! Hahaha

Barbara

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2008, 12:06:55 AM »
MacT, I have those hangers and I hang my jeans from the bottom of the legs, hook over the clothes line, let them dry and the weight of the fabric pulls the jeans down so it gives them a crease (I hate to iron).  ;D   I've had them for years and love them.

Mary, mine open up like MacT's, try Wal-Mart, I think that's where I bought mine years and years ago.

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2008, 09:06:19 AM »
Well my waist is 34" my butt is round (how the hell did i get an ass when neither of my parents have one) length: knee length

Uhhhh...knee length doesn't work, Graham. Kneel down and measure from your belly button STRAIGHT down to the floor. Someone else will have to do this - you CANNOT make this measurement for yourself. Then Stand and make the same measurement - they should be identical to the TOP of the knee. Many people wear their kilts too long, but this measurement should work.

Mary

Donna

« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2008, 10:25:49 AM »
Hey MacTavish,
Thanks for the info on the cedar hangers!  I found them at a local hardware store just up the road.

Donna
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Donna

« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2008, 11:04:58 AM »
Mary,

Do you remember that I had to measure my son TWICE for his kilt...I told him to get on his knees and have his wife measure the distance from his belly button to the floor. 

What he did, the first time, was to get on his HANDS & KNEES and measure the distance from the floor up to his belly!!!    (It's the English part of that child that makes it difficult for him to follow simple directions).

Donna

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2008, 11:21:09 AM »
Donna - were you ever abducted by aliens or anything????  ENGLISH doesn't seem to quite explain it!   ;D

Has David gotten his kilt yet or are you still admiring it?

Mary

Donna

« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2008, 01:23:12 PM »
I've still got the Kilt. It's supposed to be a Christmas gift if I can wait that long.   Any word on the Sporran?

Donna

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2008, 06:06:40 PM »
Picked it up - need to find a proper button for the front and it will be on it's way!

:)

Graham Thompson

« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2008, 06:34:33 PM »
From my belly button to the floor is 25"
Guess what!? I'm here to spread my words of wisdom also. Everybody fear them!!! Hahaha

Donna

« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2008, 04:11:40 PM »
My son just came by to pick up his Thompson dress blue kilt (I didnt have the heart to make him wait for Christmas) and he couldnt wait to try it on!  He looks
so handsome in it!   David sends special thanks to Mary & Tom Thompson for their
part in his getting the kilt.

Donna

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2008, 04:29:45 PM »
Great!!   Pictures????

Ya'll DID cut the threads holding the pleats in place, right????  I actually saw someone wear an (obviously) brand new kilt to a dinner and the threads were still in it!  Not much 'swing' when it's tied together!!!   :-[

Mary

Donna

« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2008, 08:16:39 PM »
David found a shop near his place that sells Scottish clothing so he went directly there to see if they had a shirt.  He wants to have the "full effect" before taking photos.   
But, I'll tell you,  I could have taken some good ones today!  I gave him Booner's advice on being mindful of how he sits or gets into and out of his truck, etc. but I guess it was just a natural action for him to bend at the waist to tie up his shoes!

Donna

Barbara

« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2008, 12:22:38 AM »
 ;D  Oh my!   ;D  Can't wait to see pictures, Donna.

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2008, 11:35:53 AM »
I gave him Booner's advice on being mindful of how he sits or gets into and out of his truck, etc. but I guess it was just a natural action for him to bend at the waist to tie up his shoes!

Oh My is right!  :o Good thing it was his mom monitoring the 'kilting.'    :-[

Barbara -- I could hear you laughing all the way to my house!  And Donna, you have to get a grip....I think I hear you too!  :)  I

Mary