Author Topic: Duke's new KILT PIN  (Read 14468 times)

Mary

• Administrator
Duke's new KILT PIN
« on: December 08, 2008, 09:26:22 PM »
Duke just couldn't wait to send this.........isn't it lovely???   I told him he was just lucky I didn't see it first!

Donna

Re: Duke's new KILT PIN
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 10:32:11 PM »
Hey Duke,
Your kilt pin is wonderful. Where can we get one?

Donna
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Graham Thompson

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 11:05:45 AM »
Ya thats pretty sweet
Guess what!? I'm here to spread my words of wisdom also. Everybody fear them!!! Hahaha

Duke Thompson

• Core
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 06:13:48 PM »
Thanks for posting it so quickly Mary, sorry for the quality of the picture, I took it with my phone.  I found it on eBay, just searching for a kilt pin and there it was.  I thought $26 was a little steep, but I think the stones are real and the resemblance to the Clan Thompson logo that Mary designed was just uncanny.

By the way, the tartan it is on is the muted Thompson Hunting.  It has dark green, brown, and blue colors vs. the ancient Thompson Hunting that I see more often which has turqoise instead of blue with lighter browns and greens.

If I see another I will let you all know.  The hallmark says "AGNEW" if anyone can shed some light on it.

Thanks,

Duke
James Edward Thompson, Jr. aka Duke
Sip your beer and chew your scotch!

Duke Thompson

• Core
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 06:33:27 PM »
For those looking for a similar item, on eBay search combinations of Elk, Stag, and Deer combined with Pin or Brooch.  Still some neat ones out there and they change all the time.  A simple search for Kilt Pin also brings up some good items with many motifs, sort by highest price first if you want to knock your kilt socks off...

Nice stocking stuffer for that Thom(p)son on your Christmas list...

arlin payne

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 03:43:02 PM »
That pin is for certain a beauty. Wish I had one like it.
Arlin ;D

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 07:56:57 PM »
Duke,

Nice stocking stuffer for that Thom(p)son on your Christmas list....

Had to laugh - the first time I read that line, I mis-read it and came up with "stuff a Thompson on your Christmas list!"  I really MUST wear my glasses :)

I went through the whole eBay list for any 4 legged critter that had antlers and didn't come up with another pin like yours...but I'm not giving up on it! Tom said you had gotten your new kilt and one for your son, too!  How nice you will be "laid away" for the Florida games in January!  Soooooo.....when do we get pics of you two handsome guys in your finery to share online??? 

Duke Thompson

• Core
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 01:41:37 PM »
Keep looking, try a simple search for Scottish brooch too,  that comes up with some neat ones.  And feel free to stuff a Thompson on your Christmas list!

The new kilts did come in and I am very happy with them!  I had them done in a muted Thompson Hunting and had the pleating done to the stripe so the little bit of blue stands out more on the back in horizontal lines.  Pictures soon, have to complete the outfit.  I am 4 weeks and 4 days into a beard as well, which I have never done, so not quite recognizing myself!

You should all pair up and road trip to Orlando in January to warm up and come to the games here!

Barbara

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 10:18:05 PM »
Duke, I love that pin!!!  Mary we lasses need a scarf pin like that and a pendant.  Does anyone know who to ask to make something like this?

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain