Author Topic: New member  (Read 25737 times)

Jimmie

« on: January 16, 2009, 01:44:32 PM »
Hello,  I'm Jim Thompson from Missouri. I haven't joined yet but I'll be joining soon. The farthest back I have traced my ancestors is to Kilbairnie, Scotland in the 1600's. I look forward to joining the society.   Jimmie

Mary

• Administrator
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 05:05:19 PM »
Hi Jimmie -

Glad to see you posting so soon!  Can you send your genealogy information to our genealogist, Cathy?  We have a rootsweb database and want to keep it building in case other members find they are related to you!

And don't forget the Family Tree DNA project when you're feeling rich......... it's not cheap, but we found out that my husband and Booner are blood-kin through it!  :o

WELCOME and ENJOY!

Beverly Kohn(Thompson)

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 12:13:04 PM »
            Hello and Welcome Jim Thompson!
  I hope you find as many freindships and good times as we all have. Look forward to searching the past and future with you and yours!
            In FAMILY AND SPIRIT
                    Bev

Donna

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 01:18:13 PM »
Well Hey Jimmie,

Welcome, welcome, welcome   ;D

Donna
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Graham Thompson

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 05:15:51 PM »
Welcome to the family
Guess what!? I'm here to spread my words of wisdom also. Everybody fear them!!! Hahaha

Jimmie

Thank You
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 09:37:48 AM »
Thanks everbody in the Thompson Clan (I love the sound of that) for the warm welcome. I am proud to join the family and the clan. I have searched for my origin for a long time and I have a pretty good handle on my ancestry from now back to the 1600's. I would be glad to share it with anybody interested. Mary I still need to know if I need to pay $25.00 each membership fee for my wife and daughter.  Hey and damn that curse put on us.   Jimmie T

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 12:55:28 PM »
Jimmie, Welcome to madhouse! Er... make that family! Anyways, have fun!
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Barbara

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 04:34:20 PM »
Hey Jimmie, a warm welcome to you and your family.  You live the next state over from me, I live in West Tennessee.  Great to have you with us.  Post and have fun.  Also try to make it to the Glasgow, KY Games this year, we would love to have you and your family at our tent.   :D

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Booner

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 04:59:23 PM »
Wlcome Home Jimmie,

From were in Missouri are you from?  I'm from Boonville, but all of my Thompsons' ( 5 generations) are from NW Missouri, the tiny town of Helena, in Andrew county, up by St. Joseph.

Glad to have you here.

Booner

Jimmie

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 08:08:25 AM »
 :) Booner, Hello,  I now live in Camdenton, Mo., not too far from Boonevville (GoTigers).  Do you know where you family was from before North, Mo.? thanks for the reply.  Jimmie

Booner

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 08:21:53 PM »
Jimmie,

Boonville is home of the "Pirates."  I think you we're thinking of MIZZOU!   

The farthest I can trace my Thom(p)sons back it so Trappe PN in 1794.  From there to a brief stop in Carrol Co Ind. in the 1850's then on to Rochester Mo, and finally to Helena MO in the late 1850's (where they were brutaly treated by the damn Kansas Redlegs).

I showed you mine, now show us yours!

regards,
Booner

Donna

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 02:42:31 AM »
Show you his what?????   :o

Good to have you back Booner!

Donna
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Jimmie

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 08:17:07 AM »
Booner, Yes I was meaning MIZZOU  because it is Missouri and Columbia is near Booneville. I can trace my Thompsons from Kilbirnie, Scotland circa 1730's, to Phil. Pa (James), Alexander (his son) to Burke County, South Carolina and then to Thompsons Mill Georgia, then his son Robert to Oglethorpe County Georgia, then his Son Alexander to several counties in Georgia (South of Atlanta), then his son Belford to Sevier County, Arkansas (1857) then his son Henry to South Mo about 1900 or so then his son Romie (Mo.), my Dad, Henry (M0) 1918 then me Jim 1945. This is just my line. There were also many brothers and sisters along the way that scattered every which way. My gggggGrandfather Alexander and his son James fought in the revoltionary war on the American side. My ggGrandfather, Belford fought for four years in the Civil War on the Confederate side. Does anybody in the clan recognize any of these names or events?  Have a great day Thompson Clan.   Jimmie

Booner

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2009, 10:34:38 PM »
Jimmie,

I wish I could claim your gggggggrandfather Alexander or his son.  My ancestor was orphaned at an early age, & raised by a German family, so I don't know anything about his ancestors. Trappr Pn is just a few miles outside of Philidephia, just a little north & east of Valley Forge.  Trappe does have a good historical society with a genealogist so i'm putting my history together abd sending it to them and see what they can come up with. He did marry into a family that lived in Trappe for 3 generation, in fact founded Trappe.

So thats the reason I did the DNA thing and found out Tom (our beloved & reviered president) are related, and last night I found out about a guy that matched my DNA 36 out of 37 markers,and the one that were off on is only by a factor of 1, so we shared a most common ancestor about 7 generations back, so im working on trying to get in touch with this guy.

I don't supposed you've done your Dna, HAVE YOU?  I guess I should start a post listing my DNA markers so other can compare them.

If you haven't done so, send you family info to Cathy McTavish so se can post them in our database- every once in a while we hit gold.

And I did go to MIZZOU to!

Regards,
Booner

Jimmie

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2009, 07:47:19 AM »
Thanks Booner. No I haven't done tne DNA thing yet.  Jim