Author Topic: Growing the Clan  (Read 15245 times)

Stirling Thompson

Growing the Clan
« on: February 05, 2009, 10:41:35 AM »
Wow! Look at how we're growing! We now have 86 registered members on this forum and six since the start of 2009. I think we're going to have a great year! Welcome to all the new folks... so happy to have you with us. Don't be shy, jump right in and join the fun! Tom, how are we doing on paid membership?
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Jimmie

Re: Growing the Clan
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 06:24:35 AM »
Hello Stirling

Count me in. I sent my membership fee in a few days ago. Proud to be a clan member.
                                                                                      Jimmie

Paula Cash Womack

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 12:17:18 PM »
Hi Jimmie,

Got your check and it is on the way to the bank.
Welcome to you, Karma and Katey!

Yes, Our Clan is Excited and Growing!

Paula Womack

Barbara

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 01:36:37 PM »
Hello Jimmie, if I haven't welcomed you I do so now.  It's great to have you with us.  :D

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 08:44:36 AM »
I've just been kinda poking around the board today looking at old posts and whatnot and I can't help but notice it's still mostly the same few people that are active here. It's great to have Rich08 back on the board after a long absence and that got me to wondering about some of our other members who used to be fairly active posters. Where are they? Are they still interested in what we're doing? Have they been ill or otherwise incapacitated? Has anyone heard from Scotsmor, Moira, Bobby, James, Aiden, Cathy (I know she down for awhile, is she OK?) and the rest? And I'd still like to hear from all the folks that joined and maybe posted once to say hello and then disappeared. Are you still here? We need your help as well as your DNA in the gene pool here if going to stay a healthy and growing organization!
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 10:04:00 AM »
Yep.....but that seems to be the 'way' of forums unless you are involved in something that changes constantly...... our evolution is going to be slow because it involves requirements mandated by Lyon Court for recognition. We did hope that members would continue to find information for the history of Thoms, if nothing else. A few of us are still looking and staying involved.....but I think that's just what happens to forums. Don't like it...but don't know how to change it!

If you watch the stats, lots of people read the forum all the time........they just don't take the time to join/post.  Oh well.

Maybe it's time to limit free access? Make you login to read our efforts, history, debates????  That's what most forums do.... but it seems like it would defeat what we are trying to do - reach out to Thoms.

I know people are busy -but so are those of us who continue to post. So.......

Barbara

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 07:48:36 PM »
I'm still here!  I'm still here!  Life just got in the way of my reading and posting.   :(   Sorry I've let you all down, but will try to do better.  With a newly retired husband and traveling it's hard to stay up with my email let alone researching and posting on our forum.  I know Mary....excuses, excuses... ::)   ;D

Will try to catch up on all the posts I've missed and at least comment.

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Donna

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 01:08:27 AM »
You didn't let us down, Barbara  :-*   But we did miss you!

Donna
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 07:01:19 AM »
.................and I know where you live, Barbara......................... ;)   I know life has intruded - doesn't it always???  Glad you're going to nail your feet to the ground for awhile and get back with us. John's enjoying his retirement, huh?  ;D

Barbara

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 05:32:53 PM »
Donna, thank you!  It's always nice to be missed.   :D

Mary, John and I both are enjoying his retirement,  although it does cut into my computer time.   :P  He says "lets go" and I say let me get my shoes on.... ;D

Barbara

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 12:42:45 PM »
He says "lets go" and I say let me get my shoes on.... Grin

The only way to fly!

Duke Thompson

• Core
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2009, 07:15:38 PM »
Here and posting again!!!

Duke
James Edward Thompson, Jr. aka Duke
Sip your beer and chew your scotch!

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2009, 10:34:55 AM »
Here and posting again!!!

Where on earth have you been????  :o We were discussing you just the other day wondering what had become of you!

And where is the promised writeup and pics of the Florida games? (now that I know you are still in the land of the living, I'll harass you!)  ;D

Mary