Author Topic: AGM  (Read 29744 times)

Forum_mgr

• Administrator
AGM
« on: February 23, 2009, 09:12:10 AM »
We're all set for the 2009 Clan Thom(p)son AGM at the Glasgow Highland Games. Tentative plans are to hold the AGM at the Barren River State Park Campground which is right across from the games. Specific site location and/or changes will be available at the society tent on Saturday.

Plans are for everyone to leave the games at the end of the day, grab a quick bite and a shower and head to the campgrounds for the AGM at 7:00 PM.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 06:45:36 AM by Forum_mgr »

Barbara

Re: AGM - Mark your calendars!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 02:46:38 PM »
We'll bring our big tent Mary so we can have lights, fans and be comfortable.  :D
We are looking forward to seeing everyone.

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
    • Thompson Family Web Site
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 09:08:08 PM »
Love to be there, but a trip to Kentucky doesn't seem to be in the stars for this year. Maybe later. Or perhaps we can host the AGM here in Colorado one of these times? We not only have the Estes Park Highland Festival in September, but also the Colorado Scottish Festival and Rocky Mountain Highland Games, usually held in August. http://www.scottishgames.org/ I'm sure something could be arranged for either one.
The Reivers Ride Again!

Cathy McTavish

• Core
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 08:34:37 AM »
I will be there!   Bryan is coming with me, he wants to see what all the hoopla is about!  I can't wait to see you all!

I am about ready to get active again.  I have a few additions to the genealogy database and then will tackle more!

Talk to you all soon!
Cathy

Donna

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 01:31:19 AM »
Hey Cathy McTavish  :-*

It's sooo nice to hear from you once again and I hope its ALL of my family that you've found   ;D

Donna
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Cathy McTavish

• Core
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 08:50:39 AM »
Donna, I just e-mailed you!   I found that your grandfather was married and divorced!   William Walter married to Clara Boucher, his first wife was Eliza Cooley!   did you know that already??   anyway the person that contacted me has a wedding picture you might be intereseted in, let us all know how this turns out!

cathy

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 09:19:55 AM »
Welcome back O Warrior Princess! Good to see you back on the board! I hope you are fully recovered now from whatever had you down for so long.
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 01:50:37 PM »
YAY!!!

Now, as Jackie Chan said in Shanghai Noon......."That which you have promised, you must perform......"  Ooooeee! What a time we'll have!

Can't wait to see you again!

Michael --- I don't see Estes Park in MY future unless we can find a LOT cheaper way to go than when Tom, Harold and Patsy went!  But it would be a lovely place for an AGM.... ;)

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 08:20:44 PM »
I know what you mean Mary, it's the same reason I'm not in Kentucky. Same distance both ways, as my father tells me when I don't come visit. If we do have it in Colorado, I'll sure do my travel agent best to get some discount flights for people, but I know times are hard.
The Reivers Ride Again!

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 07:22:44 AM »
Maybe we should try to find a games mid-way???

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 11:42:07 AM »
Midway between what? We're an international organization. No place is going to be convenient for everybody.

My wife and daughter are currently in Philadelphia for the World Irish Dance Championships. It's the first time they've been held outside of Ireland and my daughter's dance school qualified to take their dance drama to compete. For her, it may be the only chance she ever gets to compete at a World level, so they went, even though Philadelphia is pretty far from us. It's at least closer than Ireland, but I suppose the Irish teams may be miffed that they have to travel so far to compete. :-)

I offered to look into hosting an AGM in Colorado partly to be helpful and partly for selfish reasons. I'm not sure how likely I am to ever travel to Kentucky just for a meeting, or you to Colorado for the same thing. But either one, or even other places are going to be convenient for someone and not convenient for someone else.
The Reivers Ride Again!

Booner

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 09:06:15 PM »
I'm looking forward to the AGM.  I hope to arrive sometime on Friday, weather permitting (I'll be on the bike).

At sometime in the future, it would be nice to have the AGM at Estes Park. But for that to happen, in my opinion,we would need more members in the mountain states area in order to shift the geographic center of our membership farther to the west.  So Michael, its up to you and me to see that that happens.

We will have a spot at Estes this year. So I have to get off my dead butt and rally the local troops to help populate the tent, which is something I'm working on.

Last year was such a success for us here that we will continue doing it even as the cost of participating is increasing.  To help lower the cost, a friend of mine is loaning me/us his mobile home so we can camp right outside of the gate.  The motel rate at Estes was a killer, something like $ 165 per night.

Regards to all,

Booner

Barbara

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2009, 09:46:22 PM »
Hey Cathy and Booner!  I can't wait to see you all at Glasgow.  Wow!  are we going to have fun or what!!!!  ;D  You camping in your tent Booner? 

In Clanship and Friendship
Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2009, 09:57:20 PM »
At sometime in the future, it would be nice to have the AGM at Estes Park. But for that to happen, in my opinion,we would need more members in the mountain states area in order to shift the geographic center of our membership farther to the west.  So Michael, its up to you and me to see that that happens.

I'm up for that Booner. Does anybody have something on the geographic distribution of Society members? Be curious to know how the regions stack up now.

The Reivers Ride Again!

Booner

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2009, 10:11:53 PM »
Dearest Barbara,

Yes, I'll be tenting it, unless I get "lucky," of course.
--yours,
 Big, hairy & scary

And Michael,
I need to write a letter to all the contacts we made in ESTES, and to my regret, I have not done so,  In order to get some help to run the tent. I know I can count on you, but the event lasts 4 days and if it's just the two of us, we'll be worn out, and that'll take the fun out of the whole thing.  Plus, with more help, you get to enjoy the gathering, not just work the table
--What are your ideas about Highlands Ranch?

regards,
Booner