Author Topic: Thompsons in Georgia  (Read 10021 times)

Jimmie

Thompsons in Georgia
« on: January 19, 2009, 02:15:17 PM »
 :) For any of you Georgia Thompsons there is an area about 45 minutes East of Atlanta named Thompsons Mill. Alexander Thompson (my ancestor) built both a grist mill and a saw mill there in the 1700's. He also operated a 1900 hundred acre plantation there. I have some more details about the Thompsons of that era and area if anyone would like to know. I have never been to Thompsons Mill but plan to visit there sometime. Anyone having information about the area please share with me.  Jimmie

Mary

• Administrator
Re: Thompsons in Georgia
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 09:38:23 PM »
Wrong area for ours........darn!

Katey Thompson

• This is me. I straightened my bangs for fun!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 05:52:20 PM »
Hello dad!
:D
Have you found any definite relatives yet?
The robbed who smiles steals something from the thief.
We are such stuff as dreams are made on and our little life is rounded with a sleep.
I do not bite my thumb at you but I do bite my thumb sir!
--The Ultimate Showdown: Scotland/Ireland vs. Italy--

Beverly Kohn(Thompson)

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 08:52:19 AM »
  Hey,Katey!! So glad to see you on the forum! Are you a football(soccer) fan? I'm a sentimental fan of the Glasgow Rangers. I have a cousin and friends who live in Coatbridge, Scotland and they are huge fans, almost to the extreme! :o Anyway, glad to hear from you.
       Bev

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
    • Thompson Family Web Site
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 11:06:59 AM »
I'm a sentimental fan of the Glasgow Rangers.

Uh oh Bev, we're going to have to tread carefully then, aren't we? With my Irish roots, I'm a Celtic fan, the arch-rival of Rangers.

Maybe I'll start a new thread on football.
The Reivers Ride Again!

Beverly Kohn(Thompson)

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 11:15:53 AM »
  Hey Micheal ! We never have to tread carefully with each other,we're family! I'm new to the sport and picked up on the Rangers when my cousin married an ex-footballer from Coatbridge. The only games we can pick up here in Kentucky are when Manchester United plays usually. They're pretty good it seems. Celtic sounds like a good name for a team, I'll have to check them out online sometime.
    yours in family and spirit, Bev

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 11:34:46 AM »
Not really a big fan of football (soccer) even though we have our own MLS team here, the New England Revolution. They've been to the finals four years in a row but have yet to come home with the Cup. The Revs are owned by Bob Kraft who also owns the NE Patriots in the NFL. As far as back on the old sod, I'd think we'd be cheering for the Reivers (the only Scottish team in the English League from what I understand)!
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu