Author Topic: Haha...  (Read 21839 times)

Jimmie

Re: Haha...
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 01:49:47 PM »
Haha, Truly? I'd want to play Lady Macbeth (Scottish heritage :P)! However of the two you offered, I'd MUCH rather prefer playing Portia...although Juliet sounds fun too!
I only wish our school would do a Shakespeare play. I was going to rehearsal for a melodrama I'm in called A Golden Fleecing or the Undermining of Sarah Sweetflower. I get to play Big Bad Granny...an outlaw.   :D

Jimmie

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 01:50:40 PM »
Oh yeah, and Mom? You stole that "I'm your new best friend" thing from me! xD
Anyway...

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
    • Thompson Family Web Site
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009, 05:00:07 PM »
I take a high school class (I'm in middle school), and so I have to spend about 45 minutes in the Guidance Office after I return to the middle school since the schedules aren't congruent.

Wow, a middle school student who uses the word "congruent." That's really cool. Welcome Katey. Hope you enjoy it here. Promise we won't talk too much about boy bands and teen idols... ;)
The Reivers Ride Again!

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2009, 05:09:55 PM »
Katey,
Yeah, truly. I've done some teaching and some subbing at that level so I do have some experience in the field dealing with thirteen year old eighth graders. Some of them made me wonder how they managed to pass recess! Sounds like an interesting play... not a work I'm familiar with... Big Bad Granny... sounds like a real femme fatale! Have fun with it!
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Pamela K. Thompson

• Core
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2009, 09:12:34 PM »
Hail Clansmen, brothers,sisters and cousins. Well Kate sat down and got her wee self a forum I.D. of her own. She is awaiting her confirmation. Now she will stop confusing all by posting as her Da. Oh I have looked all through the posts and I am so envious of all are getting to go to the Homecoming in Scotland. May I offer a piece of my heart to someone going to take with you? I am so excited that Katey is interested in this site. She's a wit and a hard sell, would you expect less from a true Thompson? She is a great kid and we are so smiled upon. I visited the geneology Forum and followed the link to RootsWeb and guess what! With my research I can take us from the our first ancestor to come to the U.S. (before it was such) who was James, son of Alexander< orphaned at age 10, and known as (imagine this) Jimmie! Seems like we were meant to find him. My husband and your brother clansman has the given name of JIMMIE! From that Jimmie to my Jimmie it goes like this: Jimmie and Ruth Alexander had several children, one of which was ROBERT b.1766 d.1835 m.Mary Saye>ALEXANDER B. b.1802 d.1879 m. Nancy Luck>Belford F. b.1837 d. Nov. 11, 1896 m. M. Francis Props in 1859 (children: Johnson, John, and HENRY ALFORD) m. Samantha unknown about 1870 (children: Robert L., James B., Carrie) from HENRY ALFORD b. Oct 4 1868 d. June 1941 m. Mary Ella Bench, they had several children, one of whom was my Jimmie's grandfather Romie Cantrell Thompson b.Dec 30 1891 d. Jun 1963 m. Maude Eva Neal had 4 children including HENRY NEAL THOMPSON, then married Ruth McMillin in 1932 and had 3 more boys and 4 more girls,(these all live around Little Rock Arkansas) HENRY NEAL was my husbands father b.Jan 13 1918 d. Sept 28, 1968 m. Clara Jean Butler and they had 11 children, the eldest son and 5th child being my JIMMIE NEAL THOMPSON b. Oct 14,1945 and then our KATEY JEAN. I have census records, Land Grant records, Belford's Civil war service record thru his widow (Samantha) filing for a pension, Family stories and most of them are attached to our family tree on ancestry.com. Cathy, isn't there a link between RootsWeb and Ancestry? I am so trying to find some of Belford's other descendants, John died in California after a long life, Johnson and his wife died young and left several children, don't know how or where, and the last I could find of Robert or James was 1930 census records in Oklahoma. The sheer number of Thompson's in eastern Ok. is staggering! If anybody knows anything, please help. If you are interested in what I have let me know.  As Always... Karma

Barbara

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2009, 08:37:25 PM »
Hello Katey and a warm welcome!  It's so good to see young people interested in their heritage like you.  I always find it amazing at the number of young people at Scottish Highland Games we attend who are really into it.  Makes me so proud of them.  You have to ask your mom to get a costume or ladies Thompson tartan kilt made for you to wear to the Games, it's fun dressing the part of our ancestors.

You're a very intelligent and resourceful young lady and I'm looking forward to your postings.

In Clanship
Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain