Author Topic: Haha...  (Read 21878 times)

Jimmie

Haha...
« on: March 19, 2009, 07:33:37 AM »
Ok, so...this is actually Jimmie's 13 year old DAUGHTER in the guidance office at school. Anyway, I wanted to let you all know that I'm here, I suppose. Anyone with any interesting stories concerning our ancestors...reply/post/comment (whatever you call a response to a post in a forum ::)).

Stirling Thompson

Re: Haha...
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 08:00:33 AM »
So, does the guidance counselor know you're using the computer? Does Dad know you have his password on the forum and his permission to use it? Do you have a name other than Jimmie's DAUGHTER? I personally have no objection to your being here so long as it's in the open and everyone knows what you're up to but I don't want to get in trouble if you're sneaking around in here. Exactly what are you doing in the Guidance Office anyway? 
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Donna

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 08:58:04 AM »
Hi Jimmie's Daughter,

If it's OK with your parents, please sign your messages with your own name so we can get to know you   ;D   

I would  think ole Jimmie had gone all the way "around the bend" if we started seeing messages about Hot New Boy Bands and Seventeen Magazine thinking they were from him  :o

Donna

ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Beverly Kohn(Thompson)

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 10:10:50 AM »
       Hey! To Jimmies daughter!
  I'll repeat, get your parents permission to be here and we'll welcome you with open arms. I'll bet you were'nt counting on gaining so many Aunts and Uncles when you logged in, huh? We all care about each other and will have your back as much as we can. Welcome Darlin'!!
            Bev

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 06:38:56 PM »
Oi!  Good to meet you and see that you are interested in your Scottish history! It truly is a family affair around here!

And yes....nag, nag, nag.....we just want to make sure your dad is OK with you posting!

Is Seventeen magazine still published???

Mary

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 05:01:25 AM »
Jimmie's wee lassie!
Hope we haven't been to harsh with you and that we haven't given the impression that you're unwelcome or we're not interested in things you have to say. Actually, we're happy to have you here and I look forward to hearing more from you. It's just that as a father and grandfather, I worry about what the kids are doing and I'm sure your folks are the same way. Anyway, enough lectures. I want to compliment you on your writing skills. I have done some teaching and seen first hand the quality of written work by 13 year olds, or lack thereof. You seem to have an excellent grasp of spelling, punctuation and grammar that far exceeds your years. It's refreshing to see especially in the normally abbreviated world of internet postings. Keep up the good work!
Stu

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
    • Thompson Family Web Site
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 08:42:59 PM »
Yeah, Jimmie's daughter, get your own account and wow our socks off with your knowledge of Scottish history and such. It's great to have some younger people on here, besides all us old fogies.

You asked about interesting stories. There's quite a bit of that in the Borderers section. A lot of our ancestors lived on the border between England and Scotland, but it was wild country and they didn't really care who they raided. It was a lot like Ireland before the English put in all the Lords and Ladies and stuff. Each family would ally with the families they liked and raid the ones they didn't like, and carry away their cattle and horses and women and such. Now they just drink tea and complain about them. :-)

Ceud mìle fàilte
The Reivers Ride Again!

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 04:50:59 AM »
Jimmie, have you grounded the poor girl for the whole Guidance Office thing? I was looking forward to chatting with her!
Stu

arlin payne

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 10:32:27 AM »
Hello Jimmies lass and welcome.
I'll not be a scoldin' ya none for maybe doin' some thing wrong since I claim
an old man's right to be contrary. Besides  this brings back a few memories
of other lassies doing things as they were groing up. My daughter,two grand
daughters and now a great grand daughter. Always into some thing they
shouldn't have been.
Yes I am of Thompson blood and more but that is another story.
Arlin

Jimmie

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 04:19:04 PM »
A). I take a high school class (I'm in middle school), and so I have to spend about 45 minutes in the Guidance Office after I return to the middle school since the schedules aren't congruent.
B). I would have NO idea if Seventeen was still in print considering I don't bother with that sort of thing. I'm more into Shakespeare. I believe that Seventeen still runs, though.
C). My father was not aware of my posting but he's ok with it.
D). The only reason I would post on this website was to ask or inform about my clan. If I wanted to discuss popular culture then I would post on youtube or facebook or something.
E). My name is Katey. :)
F). I've got to go to play rehearsal. The stage awaits! Goodbye!

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 04:29:05 AM »
Katey,
Middle School! Wow! I'm truly impressed. Have they tested your IQ? I can tell you're a very intelligent young lady. Shakespeare? Imagine that! Are you doing a Shakespeare play at school? Would you prefer being Juliet or Portia? Anyway, don't forget to take time to be a kid too. That's something you really don't want to miss out on. Is there anything special you're interested in relating to your clan heritage? Any specific questions we can try to answer for you? Are you working on your family tree?
Stu

Pamela K. Thompson

• Core
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 09:21:08 AM »
I loved the post about Aunts and Uncles! One of the things I see our young people struggling with in todays world is the need to belong. I hope this will satisfy part of Kate's need to find her place and realize she is part of something bigger. Yes Kate is gifted and especially in English/Language arts. She is an 8th grader in the Freshman English Honors program and carrying a 100%+ average. She is a gifted writer. I'm not proud. She didn't get in trouble. We have encouraged her to set up her own I.D. But she wanted to "test the waters". I think she liked it. So, if Kate has new Aunts and Uncles, I guess that means I have new Brothers and Sisters? See my newbie post on the new member post.

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 09:38:44 AM »
Karma, does this mean I can call you Sis? I only have one brother and one close female cousin so I could use a little sister! Just don't ask for money or the keys to the convertible!
Stu

Pamela K. Thompson

• Core
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 09:48:40 AM »
Stu....bro..... you have a convertible? Youare my new best friend!

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 10:03:11 AM »
Sis... Yes i have a 2003 Mitsubishi Spyder... silver with a black top... a real chick magnet... all the girls want a ride! My grandson wants it though... he just turned 16 and is going to start driver's ed next month! God, I'm starting to feel old! Something for you to look forward to with Katey in a few years.
Stu