Author Topic: New to this site  (Read 23079 times)

Scott Thomson

Re: New to this site
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2009, 07:50:50 PM »
I chose to apply for arms for various reasons, my love of Scottish history, and my keen interest in heraldry, were a couple but the main reason was to honour my late father who died when I was 7 years old. I thought it would be a keen reminder of where I came from and to the family I belonged to.

It's hard to explain adequately.

Pamela K. Thompson

• Core
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 07:19:46 AM »
Scott,
         That is a very touching tribute to your father and your heritage. It is hard to loose a parent so young. This was a wonderful way to confirm your connection to the man you were seperated from physically way too soon. It is a handsome arms and honors not only your father but you also, and the fact that you did this speaks loudly of your mettle. Your father would be very, very proud of his son. Karma

Scott Thomson

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2009, 11:58:57 AM »
Thank you Pamela, that's very kind of you to say.

Scott.

Pamela K. Thompson

• Core
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2009, 02:07:16 PM »
you are very welcome. and please forgive my mis-spelling of separated. Karma

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2009, 01:58:01 PM »
I can't think of a better reason than remembrance/homage to family and country.  If Tom could ever find that elusive link...............

'Good on ya!'

Pamela K. Thompson

• Core
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2009, 07:43:44 AM »
Sorry to change the subject but has anybody heard from STU? Off to bed now.   Karma

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2009, 08:55:47 AM »
Karma,
I'm still here just been a little busy lately. It's nice know someone misses me when I disappear though! And speaking of disappearing... where's Katey? It only takes one day to have a birthday... I know I had mine the end of February... it sure is tough to get old! Oh yeah, about spelling... the forum has automatic spell checking. It will underline a misspelled word in red and if you right click on the word it will offer suggestions.
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2009, 05:46:52 PM »
Hey Stu! 

Katey posted today! check it out.........

Mary

Barbara

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2009, 09:12:37 PM »
Hello Scott and a warm welcome to the forum.  It's great to have a member in Scotland!  You can teach us so much about her customs and history. 

I have an email friend living in Perth and he has sent a lot of Scottish history to me.  He was forester for Laird Drummond at Stobhal Estate for 28 years and a very patriotic Scot.  Unfortunately the old Laird died and his grandson inherited and did away with a lot of positions at the estate and my friend's job was one of the cuts.  I have another email friend who lives 40 miles south of Edinburgh near Kelso in the Borders.  She's sent some beautiful pictures of the village and countryside near where she lives.  Unfortunately she doesn't know any of the history on Thom(p)sons although there are a lot around Kelso.  Perhaps you could post some pictures of the countryside where you live, so those of us who will never get to see our ancestors homeland can drool over the pictures!    ;D

I love your Arms and your tribute to your father in them.  He would have to be proud of you.

In Clanship
Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain