Author Topic: LOWELL GETS THIRD AT ALMA!!!  (Read 11396 times)

Lowell Thompson

• art-handlers.com
LOWELL GETS THIRD AT ALMA!!!
« on: June 02, 2009, 03:15:30 PM »
Well I left it all on the field and walked away with third place overall . I placed second in the Caber, that was nice , considering I was up against giants all day . The weather was great , A perfect Michigan day ( no mosquitoes ) . Im off to Nationals in K.C. next week and look forward to seeing some of you on the field , wish me luck...

Your Thrower Lowell.
THROW HARD!!!

Stirling Thompson

Re: LOWELL GETS THIRD AT ALMA!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 04:48:20 AM »
Lowell,

Congratulations Big Guy! Keep up the great work and good luck in K.C. you do the clan proud!
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 07:06:57 AM »
Congrats!!!  I liked Lowell's term of 'giants.'  Some of them do look like it! The second day of competition at Glasgow was the pros and there was quite a difference between the size of the amateurs and the pros. But one of our young-uns, Nathan Thompson, took first place in the Kilted Mile again this year for his age group! Watching how laid back Nathan is normally, it's a surprise to see him zoom off!

So congratulations to both of our athletes this weekend!

I don't think we have any members in KS, Lowell.........but we'll be sending you mental support and applause!

Having lived in Michigan for 25 years....I didn't know there WAS a day (sans snow) without mosquitoes!  :o 

Pamela K. Thompson

• Core
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 07:09:58 AM »
We"ll be there Lowell! We got our Clan Thompson T-Shirts and they look GREAT! :) I'm excited!  Karma

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
    • Thompson Family Web Site
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 08:30:26 PM »
Congrats Lowell. Giants is a good term. I saw a television program a couple of days ago where two professional strongmen came to Scotland to learn about competing in the Highland games. They found it much more challenging than they had imagined. Throwing around weights and telephone poles isn't as easy as it looks.
The Reivers Ride Again!

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 06:18:56 PM »
hey Lowell!   

Now that Katey has taken up wrestling......and Nathan is practicing various sports....you may have some competition in the wings!  Congratulations to ALL who compete!!  Couldn't be prouder!

Barbara

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 03:35:53 PM »
I agree with Mary!  Congrats to all!

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Duke Thompson

• Core
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 04:05:04 PM »
Great job Lowell!!! 
James Edward Thompson, Jr. aka Duke
Sip your beer and chew your scotch!