Author Topic: CLASSIC CELTIC FEST (Bethelehem PA - NY-NJ)  (Read 11733 times)

Jim Reed, PA Commish

• Jim Reed - PA Commissioner
CLASSIC CELTIC FEST (Bethelehem PA - NY-NJ)
« on: July 20, 2009, 04:50:53 AM »
Unfortunately, I will be unavailable to do a Clan Thompson Society setup in the Clan area.  This a great opportunity to Grow the Clan.  Last year there were over 260,000 spectators/participants.  That's Right - over a quarter of a Million.  Dates - September 26-27, 2009. Anyone interested in doing a Clan Thompson set up, let me know to get Details. Classic Celtic Fest website - http://www.celticfest.org

Jim Reed, Pennsylvania Commissioner
Clan Thompson Society
www.clanthompson.org
(h) 717-582-8315
jim_reed@clanthompson.org
(w) 717-605-8374   
james.reed.ctr@csd.disa.mil

Jim Reed, PA Commish

Re: CLASSIC CELTIC FEST (Bethelehem PA - NY-NJ)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 07:31:06 AM »
My plans have changed and I will now be available to represent the Clan Thompson Society with a setup in the Clan Area.  The Festival Committee is requiring a commitment that the Clan to be present both Saturday and Sunday.  This will make a Long Weekend and I really hate to be the only Thompson in the Parade of Tartans on Saturday.  Any assistance in manning the store will be appreciated.

Clan Thompson Society
www.clanthompson.org
(h) 717-582-8315

Donna

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 07:47:01 PM »
Well, I'll be there with you in spirit!  Have a wonderful time and I'm praying that the Lord will send a boat load of Thom(p)sons your way!

Donna
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Jim Reed, PA Commish

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 03:30:22 AM »
Our reservation for a tent in the Clan Area has been submitted.  This a 2 day commitment, a lot of effort for one or two people.  Any assistance would REALLY be appreciated.  If you are available for even a little bit of time, Please contact me.  Thanks  for helping Grow the Clan.

Clan Thompson Society
www.clanthompson.org
(h) 717-582-8315
(w) 717-605-8374   
james.reed.ctr@csd.disa.mil

Jim Reed, PA Commish

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 06:47:11 AM »
Reminder: We will have a Clan Tent setup this weekend at the Classic Celtic Fest in Bethlehem PA.  All you Thompsons from NJ, NY and Eastern PA. please stop by and say "Hello".  And any assistance you can provide would really be appreciated.  Will be manning the tent Solo, so I can envision a VERY LONG 2 DAYS!

Jim R.

Donna

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 12:53:20 AM »
Hey Jim,
I live too far away to offer anything but kind thoughts and prayers, but I'll sure send that much help your way.  Good luck and thanks for all you do for Clan Thompson  :D   I know we all appreciate it.
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Jim Reed, PA Commish

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 04:05:34 AM »
It was a great 2 days at the Classic Celtic fest,  I have no doubt on the crowd estimate or 250,000 for the 3 day event.  We had a "Prime spot" on Clan Row with a lot of foot traffic. We had 35 or more visitors wanting more information on the Thompson's. Each left with a Membership application and my Business card.  I can easily anticipate a few new members – there were 2 former disenchanted “Clan MacTavish” member and another visitor who commented that they would be sending in their application on Monday.  The general comment was that the visitors were “surprised and excited that there was a Clan Society that promoted their interest in the Thompson Heritage.” Comparatively speaking, I gave out twice as membership applications as we did in Carlisle and Edinboro combined.  This Festival is a great opportunity for Growing the Clan. Will definitely be back in 2010. Thanks to Clan Graham, our next door neighbor, who help with the setup and teardown and kept an eye on the store when I went for a bit of Haggis and Coffee.

Thomas Thompson

• Deny Us Not!
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 09:30:51 AM »
I think I can speak for all of us  - THANKS JIM FOR A JOB WELL DONE!

Running a tent without assistance is a daunting challenge. A two day event with a quarter million attendees is beyond exhausting.

We all need to make a determined effort to attend events in our regions.  It is even more important to show support for our clan when we have a tent at a games. I realize all of us have scheduling conflicts and it is an expense most of us would like to avoid, but event attendance is a big part of being an active, contributing member of the society. If there is not a Thom(p)son tent at a nearby event, at least go and wear your tartans, our clan button and apply your bumper stickers. Each of you is an ambassador for the clan and we need you to help get the word out. As Jim said in his post - so many of the people stopping by didn't realize there WAS a Clan Thompson Society or that we had ever been a clan! So, obviously, we can't rely solely on our website(s) to get the word out....

Now - after this spiel  ;), still the most important thing is that attending games is FUN. You get a chance to great old friends and meet new ones - we are a great extended family.

Tom