Author Topic: new member  (Read 19305 times)

melissathompson

« on: August 11, 2009, 04:13:10 PM »
Hi All! I'm Melissa Thompson from Massachusetts, and am happy to be a member. Thanks to Tom and Mary for the warm welcome.

Forum_mgr

• Administrator
Re: new member
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 08:59:48 PM »
Hello Melissa -

Welcome - I hope you find both information and friends (if not relatives!) here. Don't be shy about asking questions or for clarification of anything you find - we are all seeking the truth of Thom(p)sons in Scotland and our own roots.

Other members will be welcoming you soon! 

F.M.

Booner

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 09:39:55 PM »
Hi Melissa!

Welcome to the family!

IF i DIDN'T WELCOME YOU THE FORUM MANAGER WOULD KICK MY BUTT!

Regards,
Booner

Donna

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 10:51:48 PM »
Hey Melissa  :D
We are always happy to have new members and please post to the forum
often so we can get to know you...and you can get to know us!

Again, Welcome to the family!

Donna
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
    • Thompson Family Web Site
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 10:55:07 PM »
IF i DIDN'T WELCOME YOU THE FORUM MANAGER WOULD KICK MY BUTT!

Yeah, and never, ever tick off the F.M.

Oh, and welcome Melissa!
The Reivers Ride Again!

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 07:17:06 AM »
Hi Melissa! Welcome to the Clan and family! Good to finally have another member from Massachusetts. Where exactly are you located? I live in the town of Northbridge, MA which is about half way between Worcester and Providence, RI using either Rte 146 or Rte 122. As your state commissioner I look forward to meeting you in person at some point when I get back on my feet and in the meanwhile chatting here is lots of fun too! Semper Familia! Stu
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

melissathompson

Re: new memberto Forum Mgr
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 08:32:01 PM »
I am really happy to be a member. My son found the Clan Thompson Society while browsing on line, and we thought how interesting is that! We joined and are so glad we did. He will introduce himself shortly, and my daughter will join soon.Our thompson family (Robert Harris Thompson) came from Maine to MA. and I believe an uncle has more information about that.Since I love history ,Iam going to enjoy looking into this further. I feel so welcome, thank you.   Melissa

melissathompson

Re: new memberto Booner
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 08:42:15 PM »
Hi Booner  responding to the humor in your welcome I would not want your butt kicked over greeting me. I can see I have joined the fun group. So glad to be here!  Melissa

melissathompson

Re: new memberto Donna
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 08:52:45 PM »
Hi Donna   I am so pleased that you all contacted me, and I do feel so welcome.We enjoyed the first games that we saw (television does not count) and I think staying in touch with all of you will be such fun.    Melissa

melissathompson

Re: new memberto Michael
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 09:08:03 PM »
Hi Michael    I am happy to be a member, and I can see our Forum mgr runs a tight ship. Thanks for the warning  I mean welcome. I am enjoying this allready, I am looking forward to chatting on this forum with you and all of the members.    Melissa

melissathompson

Re: new memberto Stu
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 09:31:13 PM »
Hi Stu  Thank you for the welcome.  I grew up by the Cape Cod canal and now I live in Marion another little sea side town.This past week end we went to the games at Heritage Plantation in Sandwich. It was a small gathering, but exciting and fun to watch. I note your reference to getting back on your feet, I hope your recovery is quick and that you are feeling better even as you read this. We look forward to meeting you at the games, one of these days. We hope to go to Loon Mountain in Sept. if we do you will hear all about it. My son and I are so happy to be part of this Clan and to meet all of you .      Melissa

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2009, 08:11:40 AM »
Mellisa, Glad you had a good time at the Cape games. I had hoped to get there before I found out about the brain tumor but it wasn't to be this year. There are also games in Maine and Vermont this month but I don't think I'll make those either. I'm doing pretty well but have sprung some leaks over the last couple of days so I don't think I'll attempt any long trips for awhile. Dottie and I had gone to the NH games at Loon Mtn a few years back and had a good time but we really like the smaller ones. We went to the RI games in June and had a great time and we're really looking forward to the games in Scotland, CT in October. We went there last year and this year my brother and his girlfriend are going to come with us. Where in Maine are your people from? I was born in Rockland, ME and moved to MA when I was eight. The earliest I've been able to trace is to David Thompson b. abt 1800 m. Joanna Collamore in Port Clyde, ME. Port Clyde is a village in the town of St. George and many of my ancestors were mariners and fishermen along the Maine coast. So far I haven't had much luck trying to connect my Thompsons with other Thompson lines in Maine but I'm still looking. Looking forward to actually meeting you and your family at some point in the hopefully not to distant future. Semper Familia! Stu
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

melissathompson

Re: new member to Stu
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2009, 08:36:40 PM »
Hi Stu, your health is the priority, and as long as you follow the doctors' orders I am sure you will be good as new, very soon. We will be thinking of you! As soon as I discover any family background I will pass it along, maybe there will be a common thread. Take care of yourself.  Melissa 

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2009, 05:08:27 PM »
Me too, me too!  Welcome!! 

I've been offline for a few days making 3 new marching banners for some of our commissioners.  I'm going to give them to those with the larger games first, and then I'll make more for those who do mostly smaller games.  So, if you don't get one this month, when we can afford to have more 12" logos and canvas, you'll get one for next year (at least!). So, forgive me for not welcoming you sooner. I'm married to Tom (I think he called you 5 or 6 days ago to welcome you)......  ;D

I don't want the F.M. after me, either.......so I knew I'd better get my welcome in here!

Pamela K. Thompson

• Core
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2009, 09:07:18 AM »
Welcome to you here also!. I'm Karma, my husband is Jimmie and our daughter is Katey. We are members and proud to be, We went to our first Games in Kansas City and enjoyed it so much we plan an annual trip! Katey even wrestled! There are pictures Mary posted on the site. Welcome from Missouri!