Author Topic: Here's my Thompson family tree  (Read 10462 times)

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
    • Thompson Family Web Site
Here's my Thompson family tree
« on: October 08, 2009, 09:18:58 PM »
t would be great if you could put your genealogy info in the genealogy section at the top of the home page....that way, everyone can see it and see if they have any connections.

Here is my tentative Thompson line. I can confirm back to John Fred Thompson. The stuff before that is taken from other people's family trees on Ancestry.com and I have not been able to determine who originated this material.

Henry Thompson b. 1684?, d. 1735 Mansfield Twp, Burlington County, NJ
John Thompson b. 1707, New Jersey, d. 1759, New Jersey.
Henry Thompson b. 1729, Burlington County NJ, d. 1754, New Jersey
Abel Thompson b. 1757 New Jersey, d. 1840 Pennsylvania
Charles Kemp Thompson b. 1796 Union Twp Fayette Co PA, d. 1873 Missouri
Amos Judson Thompson b. 1821 Union Twp Erie Co PA, d. 1873 Spencer, Clay Co IA
John Fred Thompson b. 1863 Wisconsin, d. 1918 Iowa
Kenneth Jennings Thompson b. 1909, d. 1969 Pueblo Colorado
Patrick Lee Thompson b. 1934 Pueblo Colorado (living)
Michael Paul Thompson b. 1955 Fort Morgan Colorado (that's me)
The Reivers Ride Again!

Cathy McTavish

• Core
Re: Here's my Thompson family tree
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 11:31:29 AM »
That is a mightly lean tree, can you send me more specifics??    names of spouses, all children, etc.
Do you have a gedcom file?

if so e-mail it to
mctavish @ zimbrick.com

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 08:10:35 PM »
That is a mighty lean tree, can you send me more specifics??    names of spouses, all children, etc.
Do you have a gedcom file?

Hi Cathy, it wasn't my whole tree, just the direct line of my Thompson ancestors. I don't have all the details, but there is more. I've e-mailed you the GEDCOM file.

Thanks so much

Michael
The Reivers Ride Again!

GeorgeT

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 03:44:57 PM »
Michael,

I can not remember if I have responded or not. So...

I find all your info matches mine. PLUS I can take it back to HENRY 1475 England.

Let me know oif you need the info.

-Steve-

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 08:19:29 PM »
Steve,

I have a brick wall with Henry in 1710 in New Jersey. If you have any verified information back further than that, I would dearly LOVE to see it.

BTW, a lot of family trees on ancestry.com claim that Henry Thompson came from Yorkshire sometime after 1684 and was married to Elizabeth Hammel. I have seen convincing proof that this is a different Henry who is not my direct ancestor Henry. My Henry was married to Elizabeth, but not Hammel, and not in New York. But this other Henry is often cited as being in my ancestral line, and many people seem to just copy from others, with no citations or proof. So yeah, I'd love to see anything about Henry or others before 1710, but if it's just reproductions of online family trees, I'll treat it with a bit of skepticism.

Thanks for the message. I had not seen this before if you did send it, so it's great that you mentioned this. Love to see any information either posted here or by private message, whichever you prefer. Thanks so much!

Michael
The Reivers Ride Again!

uneven

• where you're from depends on when you stop looking
    • Thompson Hunt
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 01:45:47 PM »
Hey other Michael and George,

Any Levi Thompsons show up in those trees as brothers or cousins? My Levi Thompson is supposed to be  born in Pennsylvania around 1834. Pennsylvania is a big place with a lot of Thompsons but it never hurts to ask.
Mike Thompson from Michigan..then Indiana..then Pennsylvania and further...probably somewhere there are sheep. Call me Legion for I am many.