Author Topic: Hi Everybody!!!  (Read 20367 times)

Graham Thompson

Hi Everybody!!!
« on: December 18, 2009, 05:25:57 PM »
Hi Everybody,

HOw's everyone been. Its been awhile since i've been on here. Laziness, lack of energy, shiny object. All thing that could or did pull me away. But im back. Ill be checking on here on and off. So im still alive and kicking. What new around this drinking hole? ;D
Guess what!? I'm here to spread my words of wisdom also. Everybody fear them!!! Hahaha

Stirling Thompson

Re: Hi Everybody!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 10:32:54 AM »
Welcome back! Was beginning to wonder if you were still alive! It's been awfully quiet around here lately. Maybe you can liven things up a bit. Forum membership is up but nobody seems to have anything to say. I know the holidays are a busy time for everyone but if we're going to survive and thrive as a clan we need to keep this board active. Good to have you back and maybe it will encourage a few others to get re-involved as well. Anyway, happy holidays to you and yours and may the new year be kind to you!
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Barbara

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 06:19:16 PM »
Well, hey there Graham!  Thought we had lost you, good to see you  back!  How's life treating you?  When were you to be married?   ;D

I'm guilty of slacking off on posting and I'm truly sorry for that.  Since John retired he has kept me too busy, and it's hard to get use to him being around when I'm use to being alone, coming and going as I please.... :-\  Don't get me wrong, I love having him around but it's taking some getting use to.  ;)

Welcome back Graham and post, post, post!   ;D

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Thomas Thompson

• Deny Us Not!
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 07:52:28 PM »
Hi right back at you.
   I was so positive that you would be back that I didn't erase your data from the membership roster - just waiting for you.
Welcome. We missed some of your more lively posts.
Tom

Graham Thompson

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 09:13:43 PM »
ey

Sorry its been one hellish of a year. We had more stuff this year then I wanted in a life time. My wife had brain surgery in August to get a stent but in to open a vein to get the fluid moving because it was causing her head achs and migrains. She was off work for 6 months due to the head ach. So money was a bit tight to say the least. We also had our wedding social to plan and hold. Then it came the summer in which we got another dog and a new car. There goes more money. Then my brother in law who was also one of my groomsmen stopped talking to us so there was some more stress. the we had our wedding which was October 3rd, 2009. Then my great aunt who was living with us in our basement for 6 months finally moved out. Thank god for that. Pain in my a**. Then my wife had to go for 2 persedures/surgeries to test the pressure and to make sure the original surgery was successful which is was. Then it gave her rebound migrains which caused us to go to the hospital and get fluids. By the way that was tonight. I've been home for a total of about an hour and a half today. Then christmas on top of all of that and renovating my entire basement in 10 days by myself. So its been a hell of a freaken year. Im just glad you guys didnt delete my account because I do want to start comming back on and getting back into the swing of things. Well that about wraps up my year so far. Sorry to ramble on like this. ;D But im glad to be back.

~The Scot of the North, Graham~
Guess what!? I'm here to spread my words of wisdom also. Everybody fear them!!! Hahaha

Donna

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 02:53:54 AM »
Hey Graham,

I'll address this to you but its for any of our Clan Thompson Society family...

If any of you are ever going through difficult times or have a loved one who is
needing prayers or kind thoughts, please let me know!  If you don't want to
post to the forum, my email address is donnaraye@sbcglobal.net

You are all so very important to the Clan (and me too)  :-*

Donna
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Graham Thompson

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 10:05:15 AM »
Thank you

Forum_mgr

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2009, 11:37:33 AM »
Hello Graham -

Sorry to hear about all the problems you and your wife have faced recently and do hope that the worst is behind you now.

We'll look forward to seeing you on the boards more often and are glad your 'old face' is 'new' again! Keep us posted.

F.M.

Sis Thompson's oldest

• Sis Thompson at 16...
Greetings from the dark in Madison County NC
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 07:46:32 AM »
Well, we are on day 11 without power or water. Let me just say this about that.................YARRGGG!

Yep we got 18 inches of snow in two days. Wet snow, tree breaking, power line dropping, don't drive anywhere...........snow. The drive up to our house looks like a crazed lumberjack was let loose. I counted at least 10 trees down over our drive alone. The good side is the TV doesn't work. The bad side? No electrcity to run the well pump. I'd be fine with out lights.............but the no water thing is starting to get to me.

There..........I'm done whining.

Hope all ya'll had a great Christmas! We did. Robert learned to make bread in the fire place and I learned how to run the chainsaw. Yeah, I like power equipment.

Happy New Year to All!

Sherry
The bad news? There is no key to the universe. The good news? It was never locked.

Forum_mgr

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 07:41:00 PM »
Sherry!

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been "without" for so long!  :o Somehow, the word hasn't truly gotten out about how bad these storms have been. I know about VA area and the northeast, but had NOT realized the Carolinas were smacked so hard.

Stay in touch and keep us posted - we're with you in spirit (wish I could send you water!).

Stay well and warm,

F.M.

Barbara

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 09:12:57 PM »
Wow Graham!  You have had a heck of a year!  I'm so sorry and hope and pray this coming New Year only good things will come your way.

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Barbara

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 09:15:48 PM »
Sherry, I'm sorry to hear about your bad weather.  Been there, done that, so know what you are going through.  It's been several years but I know.  Hope things get back to normal for you soon.

Barbara

John ThomsonHollingsworth

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2009, 06:34:52 AM »
In Marshall NC
Kate was only without power and water pump 6 days.
Their power came back on Christmas eve
They have a wood burning furnace that kept house warm
They were able to get to main road on the second day and went to friends for showers etc.

Its cold here in SW Florida down to 40s should be in 30s this weekend
but 60s 70s during day time
Yes you can feel sorry for us.

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2009, 09:26:49 AM »
John, you're a card!

Yeah....we had snow flurries one night last weekend. It's going to be about 50 here today but dropping into daytime temps in the 30s and nights in the teens for the weekend. That's pretty nippy for here!  I wouldn't mind it if it came with SNOW.......I wanted a white Christmas so badly I could taste it but everyone ELSE in the south got it!

Sherry - are you going to get the big rain storm I see on the weather channel ON TOP of the snow you've gotten?????  That could be even uglier than just the snow. You can run away from home and come here where it's cold but dry........!  Keep us posted!

Mary

Sis Thompson's oldest

• Sis Thompson at 16...
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2009, 11:06:14 AM »
Greetings All,
WOO HOO! We have power!  ;D

The power came back on Monday afternoon. Can you say long hot shower? Now if we can get the phone company (who shall remain nameless) to come out and restore the lines, we'll be back to normal....................I'm never satisfied...............

'They' say freezing rain late tonight with a low of 28 then rain showers and 46 tomorrow. It will be a slick ride into Asheville for me in the morning. Snow showers by the week end. If it comes in from the south we may be in trouble..............we'll see.

Downloaded some Family tree software (PAF) from the LDS website, then downloaded my ancestry.com trees to GEDCOM files and will upload those to the new software. Did I say it was free?! That $30 a month for ancestry.com is getting to be a bit much. Haven't found much more info about my 4x grandfather and his ancestors. It's out there I just know it, got to find that one piece that will lead me to the rest. Ah well, I'm not one to back down from a challenge!

Graham, it sounds like your year has been one long test! I hope things come back 'round to normal for you and your bride. I keep you both in my thoughts and prayers!

John, That IS cold for SW Florida! Put on a jacket Bub; stay close to the fire.

Whoop it up New Years Eve..................in moderation of course. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink............... ;)

Sherry
The bad news? There is no key to the universe. The good news? It was never locked.